Chapter 10

Chapter 10
Josh Heid Thompson

To say I was disappointed would be an understatement. I was hurt when Ezerette told me about how much I despised their house, when in fact, I didn't. I loved it. It gave me a comfortable feeling that no house had done to me. Even my own. I felt welcomed. Even though Ezerette's father was throwing some inappropriate look, it didn't bother me. I just looked at Ezerette throughout the dinner. He felt my gaze, and he was uncomfortable, or was getting uncomfortable. Lately, I had been looking a lot at him. He intrigued me. It's like there was something pulling me to him. A force that I couldn't see, couldn't fathom. That's why I was trying to solve it, or see it, like I was in a maze.

Everyone was talking except Eclair. The whole time, he had kept his gaze on his food, not wanting to eat it.

And occasionally, Ezerette would take a glance at him and ask if he had a problem. He always shrugged. He was thoughtful and caring. Because the moment Eclair stood up, Mr. and Mrs. Mclane giving them a glance, Ezerette also stood up and followed Eclair.

The whole dinner was awkward. I stiffened when Mr. Mclane turned his head at me and pointed a fork at my direction. Hailey scowled at her husband and slapped his hand, which made him drop the fork. They had a mini argument and I cursed Ezerette for leaving me. I blamed Eclair.

+++

My sister, Yumi, went to my office today. She was too shocked about the news and asked a lot of questions. She said she would like to meet Ezerette and I agreed. So I sent Ezerette a text. I did hire a private investigator and searched every info about him. As soon as I knew where he lived, I immediately went there, thus, giving me the most awkward dinner ever. I also got his cellphone number from Toshi, the investigator.

"Can I see a picture of him?" Yumi whined as she took a seat across from me, giving me puppy eyes.
She was giving me headache, but I loved her to death. I immediately nodded. She was too hard to resist, especially when she was doing those puppy eyes. I opened the laptop and logged-in my Facebook account. I typed his name on the search box: Ezerette Mclane, and I was surprised because of one recommended result. Ezerette must be a unique name then. I viewed his Facebook account. As soon as I viewed it, Yumi took a seat beside me and grabbed the laptop, looking at it excitedly.

"Oh my freaking gosh!" Yumi exclaimed as a look of dreamy expression plastered on her face. "He is so freaking adorable! So yummy! Can I be his boyfriend instead?"

I took the laptop away from him and glared at her as I spoke. "No,"

"Someone's jelly," she teased. I rolled my eyes at her. Me, jelly? No way.

Looking at the screen, I felt like the air had been took away inside my chest, leaving me breathless. On the screen was Ezerette's profile picture.

He was wearing a light violet shirt, an Ellen shirt. He must be a fan of Ellen DeGeneres. His pose was a typical one. A phone in hand, taking a selfie using the mirror. His free hand was holding the hem of his shirt, showing his little abs and sexy body. He was also wearing a white beanie and an Ellen underwear. Ezerette was also wearing a key necklace that looked good on him. He was so adorable in every way and when I looked up, Yumi was smirking at me. I scowled.

"Just realized how hot your husband is?" She teased as she gave me a toothy grin. Then she began bugging me. "Please, please, please, brother. I want to meet him. You did not invite us to your wedding and you haven't introduced him to us. Plus, you didn't tell us you're gay and I was so mad to you because it felt like you weren't trusting me enough to tell me your secret. By doing this, I'll forgive you fully."

Frowning, I massaged my temple because my headache was becoming not tolerable. I grabbed a medicine from the drawer of my desk and popped it in my mouth. I stood up and grabbed a drink.