Chapter 17

Chapter 17
Prince Ezerette Mclane

Josh put his palm on top of my hand, at the back, that was resting on my chest. My heart beat rapidly, getting faster and faster as my eyes kept staring straight back to Josh's eyes.
Trying to look away, Josh grabbed my face and kept my face in place, forcing me to look at him. But still, I averred my eyes, looking anywhere but him. The people had already left the place, so it was just me and Josh.

Josh ran his thumb across my jawline, to the side of my nose until his fingers reached my eyes. It sent shiver down my spine - a spark that kept going through up and down my body. His touch was warm and soft. I shut my eyes to savor his touch.

Much to my surprise, I could feel the scary yet exciting feeling as I could practically feel his hot breath on my face, indicating that his face was near mine. I could feel him leaning down and felt the blood rushed to my almost pale cheeks.

His face was mere centimeters on mine then his phone rang, making us both jump away from each other.
Embarrassed, Josh fished out his phone in his pocket and answered the calling, mouthing to me that he was coming back in seconds. I nodded at him.

It was the right time for me to think. What happened? Why was his face near mine? Did he want to kiss me or something? There were so many questions running in my head but mostly, I was confused as to why Josh would do such a thing as kissing me. Was it possible that he had a thing for me? He was, like, the CEO of the Thompson Worldwide and yet he wanted to kiss me? There were so many girls drooling at him and practically worshipping him, even the road that he had walked on. And I felt jealousy sparking through me. It wasn't right.

A minute later, Josh went back to the restaurant and had a smile tugged on his lips. For a moment, I thought it was just a business, but then a craziest thought: What if a girl had contacted him, other than his sister, Yumi? Was he his girlfriend? Soon to be wife? I groaned loudly and Josh arched a brow at me. I shook my head at him and he just shrugged. Was he thinking of our almost kiss?

Too much questions.

The waiter had come back to us, this time, he had brought the food that Josh and I had ordered. It seemed delicious and heavenly. Just the sight of it made my mouth water and stomach grumble. Apparently, Josh heard it and he let out a deep, sexy chuckle as he shook his head. We thanked the waiter and he bowed his head at us, motioning us to enjoy our food. Josh and I happily dived in our food, and the moment the tender meat of the grilled chicken touched my taste buds, different taste exploded in my mouth. It was juicy and tender and I was loving it. Josh had done the same, his eyes shut as he chewed the grilled chicken. With his eyes shut, I snatched a fries on his plate and he opened his one eye.

"Don't you dare," he threatened me, arching a brow. "You have your own fries."

I pouted at him. "But yours looks yummier than mine."

"It's just the same so stop it," he continued to chew on his grilled chicken. Rolling my eyes at him, I stole one fries and shoved it into my mouth. "Hey!"

"Oh my God, oh my God, oh my God," I said, crunching the fries. It tasted so freaking good. Better than McDonald's or any fries. I grabbed a fries on my plate and offered him to him. He opened his mouth and I shoved it into his mouth, his lips slightly gracing my fingers which made me grimace. "Ew,"

He chuckled. I dipped the grilled chicken in catsup and shoved the chicken in my mouth. I licked the finger because some of the catsup had been all over my finger. Messy.

"We basically kissed," Josh said out of the blue. I nearly spewed all of my mouth contained but sealed it tightly because if it spewed, that would be so, so, so embarrassing. I glared at him for saying such a crazy thing. He raised his brow. "What? My lips touched your finger, and you licked it. So it's considered as... indirect kiss, right? Or a french kiss? Oh wait, a kiss through finger?"

"Seal your mouth, Josh," I said to him, blushing. "You're saying crazy things,"

"Does that disturb you?

"Yes,"

"Why?" He asked. Now his tone was serious - it made me look at him. His expression was unreadable and I had trouble searching the answers in his eyes - anything that would give me a hint, but none. His face was contoured with a poker expression.

I shrugged, scratching the back of my neck. "I don't know. It just... does." I replied honestly, averting my eyes again

I could feel Josh's intense stare burning the back of my head, and my heart went haywire again, beating furiously as if it was running thousand kilometers per second. I would be surprised if my heart started to get out of my chest and run around the place, throwing petals everywhere. Everything was inaudible. I could hear practically hear Josh's soft breathing as his chest contracted. His stare was so intense - it was better than Superman's laser, that it made me weak, my legs becoming a Jelly-O.

Josh scooted closer to me, like he had been earlier. But this time, much closer. His hot, minty breath was fanning the side of my face and his fingers started trailing across my legs up to my chest until his hand rested beneath my jawline. His touch was warm and electrifying.

"You felt it earlier, did you not?" Josh asked me. I looked at him and saw his face - still serious. I did know what he was talking about, but it was hard to admit. I shrugged. Probably the best answer to give was just a shrug. But sadly, Josh wouldn't accept it. "Tell me the truth, Ezerette."

"I don't know," I said. I was beginning to think that everything was a huge lie; a lie that I almost believe, the lie that I had created. This was reality, but it felt like I was being played.

"Bullshit, Ezerette." Josh growled. Now great. He was being such a bipolar bitch again. "You don't need to lie to me. Everything is a lie here. But just tell me the truth this time. You felt it. Did you or did you not?"
Looking away, a lump was forming in my throat. The words were on the tip of my tongue but I couldn't open my mouth, to voice out everything that I wanted to say. But I was weak. I didn't have the courage to speak and let him know the truth. It was really hard for me to do this.

If I had only dealt with Mom and Penny in the first place, this wouldn't have happened at all. I should have been inside my house playing games or something, or I should have been working. There would be no Josh. I wouldn't have met him. Everything wouldn't be a lie. Nobody would have given a fuck about us. Our lives wouldn't have been messed up.

"I answer, Ezerette, if you don't answer ne this time, I'm going to cu - "

"Yes, Josh," I said, dropping my head low, breathing slowly. Looking up at him, he was still staring at me with his beautiful eyes. "I felt it. It was just simple. But I felt it. It was like I had been splashed with a cold bucket of water."

He smiled at me; a smile that he always gave me, a smile that was pure of sincerity and happiness.

"Good," he said and gave me a hug. I hugged him back and enjoyed his touch. Now what would happen?
This date was supposed to be a friendly date, but somehow it had changed to something we didn't quite expect. We still had yet to get to know more of each other. I smiled. Josh spoke.

"Now, can I kiss you?"