Chapter 25

Chapter 25
Prince Ezerette Mclane

By the time we reached the restaurant, it was exactly 8:13pm. We were supposed to meet Philip at exact 8 in the evening, but Josh threw a fit. He was really jealous of Trenton and making bitchy comments. I swear he was the most bitch of the bitches ever.

Josh let me wear his expensive clothes. Philip had invited us for a dinner and I assumed he would like to talk to Josh about business. But what perplexed me was I shouldn't be here. I knew nothing of business and I'd just be a burden. But they had other plans.

I had to sit through their business talk. I had to lister them forcefully. But there's one thing I would enjoy for sure; food. For all I knew, Philip had chosen a very expensive restaurant. Unlike Josh. Josh didn't like expensive things, despite his expensive house, expensive car, expensive things, nope, he did not like expensive things.

Josh was pulling up over the parking lot. We both got out of the car and the strong wind blew us, making Josh's hair fly. It was kind of cute though. He grabbed my hand and led me to the restaurant. I swear I felt like a kid. I tried to pry his hand away from mine but he wouldn't budge. He held it tightly, like a handcuffs. I cursed under my breath which earned me a glare from Josh. He's scary when he got angry. Always. I knew that his aura was different when I first met him. He still radiated dominance and power. The whole world knew him and nobody was trying to let him down. He was very powerful he could get what he wanted. Or whoever he wanted.

Philip was checking his phone and then he looked up and saw us. His face lit up immediately as soon as his eyes landed on mine and I swear Josh held my hand tightly it's starting to hurt. He was very jealous of Trenton and now, he was fucking jealous of Philip who by the way was an old man.

Josh seemed like he wanted to back out at this dinner thing but he couldn't, now that we're here. Philip stood up and offered his hand for us to shake. As I was about to shake Philip's hand, Josh shot his arm out and shook Philip's hand aggressively. Philip looked at him in confusion and then we all sat down.

A man in his early 20s walked over to our table and asked us what would be our preferred food for today. Philip did not hesitate to say what he wanted. It seemed like he was a regular here. Josh had ordered some steaks and I ordered the same, too. I had tried to look at the menu and the names were hard to pronounce. It was French's foods or something. The names were French, so I had no idea what it meant or how to pronounce it. Philip, when he spoke, was really good. The French word rolled off his tongue smoothly and I admired it. Josh noticed this and spoke in a sexy French.

My eyes widen at this fact and when he saw me, he winked and heat rushed to my cheeks and I squirmed.

I knew that Josh spoke French purposely so he could be the one I admired. He was jealous of Philip for fuck's sake. Never in my life would I be in a relationship with an old man who had a son. We waited and Josh and Philip started to talk business. They were saying finance, plans, and other business terms that I did not know of. It was really infuriating. It was like they were speaking in another language and I never knew if they were saying shits about me or not.

The whole time I was frowning. Josh never bothered to look at me and I was really craving for his attention. It surprised me. I never craved for anyone's attention. Josh was special to me, but never did I crave. Crave for food, yes. For a person's attention, no. This was a first. I found myself getting irritated every second. First time in my life, I started to hate Philip for taking my Josh's attention. I had been sending him glares but I was glad he wasn't noticing it since Josh and him were busy talking.

Finally, our foods arrived and I was really happy. I sent the waiter a smile and he blushed. Cute. He rubbed his neck in a cute manner as his cheeks redden. Josh growled and the man scurried away. Poor guy. I sent Josh a glare and he raised his brow at me. With an angry expression, I huffed and started to eat the stake. Philip laughed and he began to eat. Josh joined us.

Nobody was speaking, too busy to talk. Everyone was enjoying the food. The taste of the steak had me moaning and Josh did a double look at me. His lips were parted and his eyes flashed something dark then he turned to his food to continue his eating, then he grumbled something under his breath that Philip and I did not catch.

After we ate, Josh and Philip continued to talk and I was bored as hell. I was forced to sit here. I was forced to listen again to their business talk. Minutes passed by and they both stood up. I was guessing that the business talk was done. It was. Philip thanked us over and over again. Josh was all smiles, as if one of his dreams came true.

Philip led us outside and bid us good bye for he needed to go home to do something. Josh and I were left alone at the parking lot and he told me that we were going home to his house since Trenton could be in our house and he did not want me to see him. Even his shadow. He was being possessive it's really cute.

We climbed in to his car and he put the key in the ignition and the car brought to life and made a soft hum then he drove off. A song kept playing over the radio and since it was 10 in the evening, radio stations were playing a soft melodic songs. I found myself enjoying it.

Four songs had passed and now we were in front of Josh's house. This time, the house felt darker than before. I never wanted to go inside but I had to. And also, it seemed like it was going to rain since I couldn't see stars across the sky.

When we got inside, a woman was sitting on the couch and I screamed like a girl. Josh turned on the light and laughed at me. Then Josh's smile turned into a frown when he saw his mother sitting on the couch, her lips on a thin line.

"Mom," Josh said, his tone was uninviting. "What are you doing here?"

"We need to talk," Mrs. Thompson said simply, as if it was the most normal thing to say. I gave them both a nod and as I was about to go, her voice stopped me. "You, too, Ezerette. We need to talk."

Josh and I both frowned at this. What did we need to talk about? I sent Josh a confuse look and he just gave me a shrug. Both him and I had no idea where this talk would lead us. Mrs. Thompson motioned for us to take a seat and we both did across her. She took a deep breath and we both waited for her to speak.

"I never approve of you, Ezerette." Mrs. Thompson said, staring at me dead in the eye. Josh wrapped his arms around me. That hurt. Her words hurt. I pursed my lips, not letting my emotions surface. Josh sent his mother a deathly glare and hugged me tightly, as if his body was enough to protect me from his mother's words. "But... if my son likes you so much, then so be it. Josh had a lover once, Jinky." Oh that bitch. She was my Josh's date and now that she made me remember it, I now hated Josh again. Also Mrs. Thompson. That set me in a bad mood and I frowned. "But they broke up since millenium ago. It was the time Josh was really happy. But now that I see Josh is happy with you, though I don't approve of you, I'll let you. But in one condition."

Mrs. Thompson raised a finger in the air and I knew something bad would happen. On one condition. What the hell? What was this? A bargain? Josh stiffened, sensing something. But what she said next shocked us both. Josh and I both freeze, gaping at her. Fuck.

"You have to get married again," she said, smiling. "In public. With crowds and all. We never see your first wedding, so this time, let the whole world see it."

And we were doomed.