Chapter 21

Chapter 21
Prince Ezerette Mclane

To say I was not excited would be a complete lie. I was excited as hell and I didn't know what to wear or what to do. Josh had sent me a message, telling me that the date was today and I had told him that I'd get groomed for him. So I was thinking of buying new clothes just for our date. But buying would make me lose some money. I had yet to save money for the tuition fee.

My solution was, I went to Eclair's room and asked for clothes that I could use. Since we almost had the same body build since he worked out - I was way more muscular than him, his clothes fit on mine.
He gave me a Vans shirt with a large print and a black jeans. I matched it with the Converse I got since last year for Christmas.

Couldn't wait for our date, I ran back to my room to take a bath. I needed to get groomed and must look like a prince or something. It was weird to act this way. In the first place, I shouldn't be doing this. But somehow, Josh made me. Willingly.

So after taking a bath, I immediately wore what Eclair lent me and I got a text from Josh, saying that he would meet me at Munchkin, a placed where the famous pastries made. I smiled as I nearly stumbled because I failed to put my foot properly in the jeans. I focused on wearing my clothes and sent Josh a quick reply.

When I was done, I checked myself in the mirror and grinned, feeling confident and over excited. With one last long look, I turned on my heels and went downstairs. Eclair was watching television, his phone in his hands and he's punching rapidly on his phone. I wondered who he was texting. Lately, he had been smiling a lot.

Eclair looked up at me and nodded, then his phone made a sound and he quickly replied to a message, laughing. I narrowed my eyes at him and he never much as gave me a glance since he was so busy. I had decided to walk, since it was just minutes away from me. Maybe 15 or 20 minutes. I could manage. So I got outside of the house and started walking. I wanted to get at Munchkins as soon as possible. For all I knew, Josh could be waiting for me there.

While walking, my head was thinking endless thoughts. If Josh had not met me, would everything be okay? Would our lives be as perfect as the way it used to before? Would Mom keep setting up a date for me? Everything had changed in a small span of time. It was like a blink of an eye. Time had been running faster.

Weeks ago, we were just strangers. We didn't know each other's name. He didn't know if I existed or not, and I did not know if he existed or not. But every aspect, everything around me changed because of the single picture that had been edited by my friend Cheena.

When I reached the Munchkins, Josh wasn't there. The Munchkins store was open and it still had customers inside. I checked my watch and found out it's 7:57pm. So I waited outside of the store.

I kept pacing back and forth in front of the store, waiting for Josh. Every tick of the clock made me anxious. My heart beat faster. I went to sit, run, jog, walk, think, everything just to keep myself compose. But so far, it only made me nervous. What if Josh did not come? Of course Josh would come here right? He would never do it to me.

Then the rain poured down hard. It drenched my whole body and I groaned because this was the best clothes that I got. It wasn't even mine. It was Eclair's.

At first, I thought coming home and change clothes would be a good idea. But what if Josh came here, and did not see me? He would think that I cancelled the date. So instead of going home, I chose to stay. I took a look at my watch and now, it's 8:59pm. Wow. It had been an hour since I got here.

Still, I kept on waiting and every second made me weak. Then my mind started flashing that Josh would never come. Josh was just toying me. Josh was with someone else. Josh was busy. Josh was doing work. Josh had a lot of things in his hand. Josh would never date me. All of it were made of negativity.