Prologue

"No Louis!" I shouted to my idiot of a brother. His band was gathered around in my room, trying to get me to go to a party. "You know that I hate parties, and socializing in general!" He made a face and groaned.
"Come on Brin!" He begged. "This is the one time mum will let you go to a party!" He argued. I looked over to Niall for help. I was closest with him, after all.

Maybe you need a little more info on his band. They are a boy band. And quite famous. I've heard girls at my school talking about Louis and wanting to marry him. I would just crinkle my nose and keep walking. The band consists of Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, Zayn Malik and my brother, Louis Tomlinson. They've gone a tour before, but the Where We Are tour coming up is going to be different. It starts next week.

   People see me and think that I'm just Louis's supportive sister. I do support him but I can sing too. I want to be more. So I'm coming with One Direction and their opening act whose names I forgot on tour. I'm not performing, just accompanying. I don't think I'm mentally prepared for that just yet. As a kid and still now, I could barely get up on stage to preform. I loved doing it but it was so scary.
     Anyways, Niall was too busy laughing his head off at everything Louis says. I swear sometimes, that child would wake up in the middle of the night laughing at something Louis said three days earlier.

   "Please just this once! I want you to meet everybody on the management team and our opening act!" My brother kept pushing me to come to the party. Parties mean socializing and socializing means talking. I'm too awkward to talk. Harry was busy playing with my old build-a-bears on my bungee chair to even care about the situation that I'm in.

  "For the last time Lou, I'm not going!" I said finally. I love my brother, I really do. But sometimes he gets a little carried away with his jokes and pranks. Right now it's his persistence that is annoying me.
    He stopped in his tracks and devious grin seeped into his face. "If you don't come to the party, then you can't come on tour." He knows how much I want this and there's no way he's serious.
"You're bluffing. No way. You wouldn't do that." I laughed and looked away. The rest of the boys were enjoying the show.

"I can make up something to mum if you really want to stay here." Louis leaned in closer and whispered to me. "Do you really want that, Brinley?" I glared at him. I imagined my eyes shooting knives into his body.

I finally sighed. "I hate you." He smiled wide and patted the top of my head. "Good little sis! Now get ready! You're not going in sweatpants!" He called as the rest of the boys followed them out of my room. I collapsed on my bed, which was now covered in One Direction cooties. Girls in my school would be so jealous, I thought.

I just shivered and opened my closet. Pulling out a short, black, long-sleeved dress, I sighed. Why did I agree to this? I hate parties. It's too late now though. I feel kinda bad that I don't remember the other band's name.

   I know what you're thinking, and no, I'm not going to fall in love with any of them during tour. I'm so not looking for a boyfriend right now. I am looking for some pizza though. And not a party.

I slid on the dress, made for partying, and zipped it up the back by myself. Basically, that's the only way I'm flexible. Hell no to doing all the front aerials, or whatever the heck you call them.
I plodded to my bathroom, humming American Idiot by Green Day, accompanied by my impressions of air drumming.
I plugged in my hair straightener and waited for it to heat up. My hair was pretty much the same color as Louis's. Most of our relatives say that we look the most alike. Mine in brown with little hints of golden in it. We have the same blue eyes. My mum used to call them blueberries when we were kids. I smiled back on all the memories. Those were the days, when everything was simple and I wasn't getting dragged to parties that I didn't want to go to.

I straightened my hair. It went down to the center of my rib cage. I unplugged it and got out my makeup. I wasn't a huge fan of makeup because I don't see the need for it. But I guess I'll wear it for the party. As I applied the powder, random thoughts raced around my head.
Where was this party? Was it formal? I hope not. Formal is so not my style. My style is more like hobo. I finished my makeup and just left it out because I'm lazy.

It's a Friday night and I'm going out with One Direction. There's guaranteed to be cameras there and I bet it'll be on the Internet somehow. And on Monday when I go to school, I bet you people will be buzzing about it. I really don't like attention.
I went downstairs after grabbing black heels out of my closet. "Okay, I'm ready!" I called to the boys. They came dressed for the occasion. Harry let out a low whistle as he saw me. I blushed, of course. Louis shot him a death glare. Niall just smirked, trying to keep in his fits of giggles. I rolled my eyes and led them out to the car.

So not excited for this.

A/N: Okay! This is kinda long for a prologue. But I just wanted you guys to see what's going on inside Ms. Brinley's head. Okay byeeee🍗