Chapter 6

I stayed on my phone until the late hours of the night, as usual. Calum got annoyed and told me to close the curtain in front of my bed because the light was "disturbing his slumber".
I had been watching YouTube with my earbuds jammed into my ears. Old O2L videos always cheer me up. But it was always unpredictable when Kian decided to turn into a screech owl. So I had almost fallen out of bed a couple times. Ashton's snoring muffled my exclamations, thank god.

I was still awake around one am, and that's not from being on my phone. I don't sleep very well in other places. This whole tour is gonna be like trying to sleep on a bed on nails for me.
I was too busy thinking, I guess, to sleep. My brain had so many things to process and take in from only this first day. It was the little things that normal people wouldn't have to worry about.
At one point, my head wandered to Luke. Would he and I ever learn to live in harmony or would we stay in awkward hatred for the whole tour? If it's the second one, that would be extremely hard.

Ashton has made it clear that he dislikes me and Calum is like an annoying older brother that's always barging into the bathroom when you told him to knock. Michael is like the little brother who thinks everything is hilarious. And Luke is the stressed out mother.
I shuddered at the thought of Luke pregnant as I shifted around in my bunk.

I forced my eyes closed and waited for me to fall unconscious. And at last, sleep took over my body and brain, like a virus slowly spreading to all the circuits in a computer.

I woke up to banging. And not the sexual kind. I might've preferred to wake up to moaning rather than Calum hitting two pots together. "Wake your lazy asses up before I come in there!" He shouted. I rolled over and groaned for a really long time.
"I said get up! I will come in there." He threatened. Ashton slowly climbed out of his bed. I felt Luke moving around above by he showed no intention of getting out of bed. Michael was a lost cause. I unplugged my phone from the charger and saw that he was only waking us up at 8:00. Awesome. Loving this already.

  "Calum shut the hell up!" Michael yelled fairly loudly.
   I heard laughing and talking coming from the kitchen area. Then screaming. And more yelling.

   I finally dragged myself out of bed to see what the ruckus was about. I walking into the kitchen area to see a thick yellow substance on the ground and Calum nearly peeing himself laughing. Ashton was crumpled on the ground with his hands over his head. It took me a while to process the egg carton on the table and the yolks running through Ashton's fingers on his head.
    "I hate you Calum!" He yelled as he ran int the bathroom. I stifled a laugh and looked at Calum.

"Well that's refreshing." I said. Calum grinned ear to ear, obviously impressed with himself and his little trick.
    "I think I'll make my own eggs." I said to him, stepping over to the tiny stove and getting out a pot.

  "That's good because I don't know how to make eggs." He said over my shoulder.
    I gave him a glance. "Eggs are like the easiest thing in the world! How could you not know how to make eggs?" He just shrugged. Ashton was yelling at Michael from the bathroom about God knows what.

   "You could teach me!" Calum's eyes lit up at the idea. I personally didn't want to be somebody's chef today, but I guess it's too late anyways.
   I sighed and nodded. "Fine. What kind of eggs do you like?" I asked him.
  "Scrambled, please." I walked over to join me in the tiny space next to the table.

   "First, you get a whisk and the eggs. Grab the measuring cup from the cabinet, will you?" I told him. He reached above my head and pulled down the measuring cup and whisk. I couldn't have reached that. I'm not that short, but there is a big height difference between me and every guy in the band.
   "First step: crack the eggs into the measuring cup." I did as I spoke and let him crack the second egg. He ended up missing the cup by a little bit and got some of it on his shirt. But so far nobody has burned to death. "Okay, good." I told him as he wiped his hands.
    "Um, get the milk from the fridge." I muttered to myself. My dad had taught me how to cook eggs and he always had poured a little bit of milk into the measuring cup. I never knew why.

   I bent down and pulled the carton out from the mini fridge next to the oven. I poured some milk into the eggs as Calum watched me intently.

   Then I showed him how to whisk properly. "You have to like, rub it between your hands so it spins." I placed the metal end in my palms and rubbed back and forth, so that the whisk spun around.
    He did it and splashed both of us. "Slower!" I laughed.

  Once that was done, it was one for the dangerous part. "Okay, now let's slowly pour it into the frying pan." I turned on the stove and set the frying pan on it. Calum too the measuring cup and dumped its contents into the pan. It sizzled loudly as he beamed with pride.
    I grabbed a spatula and began to turn the eggs around in the pan. "You have to keep stirring them, otherwise they would get burned." I said.

   Calum hovered right behind me, his hot breath in the ear. "That looks complicated." His Australian accented words flowed into my ears.

   "Wanna try stirring it?" I asked him, probably risking my life right then.

A/N: hey everybody!(lol see what I did there) what's up? This is chapter six, coming at you like the hey everybody music video. Unexpected and amazing. Lol jk
Comment your favorite song from SGFG! Okay byeeee🤘