Chapter 13

Harry and I walked as fast as we could to try and escape the clutches of screaming girls and iPhones. Paparazzi tried to shove their large cameras in my face. I heard questions frantically shouted.

"Brinley, are you and Harry dating?"

"How is Louis?"

"Are the accusations of a romantic relationship about Louis and Harry true?"

"Are the rumors about you and Luke Hemmings true? Can you confirm them?"

The last one sent my head whipping around to the reporter who said it. My eyes burning with fire. "No. There is nothing going on between Luke and I."

Harry dragged me away before I could bite the head off of the reporter, probably from some teen magazine looking for a headline juicy enough for gullible children to read it.
We raced back to his Range Rover and escaped from them in short breaths.

   "I should've known." Harry mumbled as he jammed the keys into the ignition.
  "It was my idea to go out, I should've known better." I said, defending him. It was stupid of me to think that there weren't going to be fans and cameras there. They were everywhere that we went.
     "No, it's not your fault." Harry said, holding up a hand and pulled away from the village of Perth.

  He was very quiet for a long period of time. I was beginning to wonder if the questions that they were asking got to him. "Harry?" I asked softly. "Are you alright?" He jumped at the sound of my voice, as if my presence surprised him.
   "Was it the questions? What's wrong?" I asked him. He was worrying me. He gets like this sometimes, when he's contemplating things or thinking too hard.

"It's nothing." He bit his lip and kept his eyes focused on the road in front of us. I folded my arms and stared out my window until we came back to the buses.
I jumped out of the car and handed Harry his scone and coffee. Harry whispered a thank you and rushed into the 1D bus. He almost ran over Louis, who was coming out to talk to me. "Hey, watch it mate!" Louis exclaimed with a confused and shocked expression on his face.
    He looked at me then pointed the way Harry went. "How many sticks are up his arse today?" He asked me.
    I rolled my eyes at his childish behavior and responded, "We went out for coffee and got jumped by paps and fans." I explained to him.
   Louis still looked surprised. "That always happens. What's the difference?"

  "I don't know. He wouldn't tell me." I shrugged, trying not to worry about all the strange things that were happening on this tour already.
   "But you guys are like best friends, why wouldn't he-" Louis began to question me further until I cut him off with my hand over his enormous mouth.
    "Can we just not talk about now? I don't want to worry about it. He'll be fine later." I said, removing my hand from his mouth.

   I went back into the 5SOS bus and walked straight past Michael and Calum playing a game on the small television in the kitchen. They yelled at me for getting in the way. So I kicked them each in the leg. They shouted even louder and complainers straining their necks to see past me.
I hopped into my bed and snuggled up into my soft, fuzzy blankets. I didn't go on my phone or read or something. I just stayed there, hidden away from the rest of the stress going on right now.
I thought about my sister and Mum back at home. I thought of my friends, Annabel and Margo, back in Doncaster. I missed them a whole lot, even though I hadn't had much time with them this year. I was supposed to be graduation this year. This was my senior year. But I had planned ahead, just after my brother's band was taking off. I thought, this is it, this could be my chance to get away. I remember staying up till late into the jogging hours to get schoolwork done and multiple meeting with scheduling people to graduate early. I knew that the tour would interfere with schooling, obviously. My mother wasn't on board 100% with the plan until I actually graduated. I wasn't so sure about myself either.
But at those times where I wasn't sure, I would think of how great it would be to finally get my own spotlight, seeing thousands of fans who had come to see my music because they liked it. I wanted to get out of my brother's shadows and into my own.

I must've fell asleep, consumed by my own thoughts because the next thing I saw was a blonde head nudging me hardly. It was Luke. I opened my weary eyes and smiled. He smiled back. "Hey babe." He whispered to me, climbing into the bed with me.
"Hi baby." I whispered back, running my fingers seductively through his hair. He smirked and swooped in, pressing his lips to line with extreme force and bliss. He kept kissing me and I was kissing back. I opened my eyes to look at Luke. He pulled off his shirt and began kissing me again.

I bolted straight up, almost knocking my head and falling off of the bed. I was breathless. I had been dreaming. I hadn't been having a steamy make out session with Luke. That scared half to death because I couldn't tell it was a dream and because I kind of liked it.

A/N: I know what you're thinking. "Newtie wtf" I'm sorry okay. This needs to happen. My books are so non-scandalous. But there will be more scandal later okay byeeee🏺