Chapter 55

Sighing and running my hands over my face, I was sprawled of over my bed. This was worse than I thought it would be.
Now Luke totally would've seen it and everything is going to hell. I can't fix this. I can't fix anything. I'm an idiot for letting Luke go after he gave me a second chance. I lost him and I can't get him back because he probably thinks I'm some psycho that's obsessed with him.

But wait, there's more. Luke tweeted about it.
@Luke5SOS: I don't know what this #Linleyisback is about but I am not in any romantic relationship with Brinley Tomlinson

Yep. This stings. This also sucks because he's probably turned back into a sharp stone.
It was now noon and the day has already been terrible. The phone rang from downstairs. I heard my mother pick it up.
I strained my ears to listen in. I wasn't technically interested but I was bored and I need to get my mind off of the situation. "Hello?" My mother said into the phone. "This is her mother." It's probably from the school, saying that one of my sisters got into trouble again. I can't wait to rub it in, whoever it is. "Um, wow. This is big! I think I'll need to talk to her before making a decision, but this sounds like a lot." I furrowed my eyebrows as my mother spoke. This doesn't sound like school trouble. I then heard my mother scribbling down the name of a phone number to call back later. "Thank you. Yes, I'll call back later. Bye bye." She hung up the phone.
I ran through the possible situations in my head. Mum didn't sound too pleased by the idea, whatever it was. I hope it didn't have anything to do with me though.

    I heard her sigh and her footsteps start up the stairs. I grabbed a book off of my nightstand and flipped into a comfortable reading position so it didn't look like I was spying. I opened to a random page of Paper Towns by John Green.
    My mother knocked on my door. I cleared my throat and tried not to squeak. "Come in."

   She pushed open the door and let it bang against the opposite wall. "What's up?" I asked her casually. My feet swung back and forth as I laid on my stomach.
    "I just received a call." She sat on the edge of my bed.
    "From who?" I asked curiously. No need to fake it there.
     "From Hi Or Hey Records." She said with a grim look on her face.
    "About what? Who are they?" My face paled at that name, but I kept up the act. I knew the name of that label.
    My mother closed her eyes and let out a breath. "They want to sign you to a record label and take you on tour."

   I couldn't contain or hide anything now. My eyes popped out of my head and my jaw dropped down so low that I could swear it was touch the bed sheets. "Are you serious?" I scoffed in glee. No way, she's kidding. This can't be. I'm not that great of a singer.
    "Yes, very. They want to know if you want to accompany some other band on tour for two months, as an opening act." My mum didn't look happy about this and it worries me.
"Is that bad?" I asked her, my head bobbing down to see her face better.
"Well, I don't really like the band they want you to play with." She shrugged with a stern look on her face.

"Well who is it?" I asked eagerly. I can't really believe that my dreams are being offered to me on a silver platter right now. This can't be happening. How'd they find me? I'm not that popular on YouTube, where I posted my covers.
"5 Seconds of Summer." She said sourly with a pout in her face and like a lemon was being shoved up her nose.
My eyebrows disappeared into my hairline. Seriously, this is bull.
"Are you kidding me? Why don't you like them. I'm basically best friend with them!" I protested and fanning my hands out.

"Honey, the last time you were with them, you relapsed. I'm not sure if being with those boys would be good for you." Her face scrunched up in distaste when she said the word boys.
"They had nothing to do with that! Come on." I was getting exasperated beyond belief now.
"What about your depression? Or the anxiety?" She tested back.

"Still nothing to do with them!" Okay, that one was a lie. But she's being irrational. "This has been my dream my whole life. And you're stopping me for one tiny thing?" I tried to use the guilt effect, it usually works on moms. "If I let all of that stop me, I wouldn't get anywhere in life."
I sat back down on the bed next to her and placed a hand on her shoulder. "I promise that I will be more responsible this time. I won't get hurt and I'll be happy. Don't you want that for your kids? To be happy?" I said, looking straight into her eyes.

And I partially mean it. I don't want a repeat of last time I was on a tour. Where We Are was a nightmare, with the car crash, the drama and the emotions all spinning into one big hellhole.
"Okay. You're almost 19, I can't stop you now. You can go. But please, be careful." She pleaded.

A smiled spread across my face and I wrapped her into a big hug. "Thank you so much! You won't regret this!" I squealed.

And now my terrible day had turned into the best day.

A/N: I've been thinking about the end of this book and how it's going to play out. There might be a sequel but I always say that and there never is so I don't want to give false hope. This book might round out to 60-70 chapters? Okay byeeee🍯