Chapter 2

From my corner, I hadn't even realized the amount of people who had taken turns staring at me tonight. I was nervous. Was I really that ugly? I mean, I've never been in a proper relationship before.
    I just shrugged it off and picked up a strawberry. I caught eye contact with Luke and almost immediately rolled my eyes, as if it was habit by now. I stopped myself. If I was going be on tour with these guys, then I might try to be civil at least.

  I took a deep breath and went back to my food. I didn't notice him coming over here until I heard his very distinctive accent. "What're you doing over here alone?" I mentally counted to three to calm myself down. I forced a smile and turned to him.
    "Parties aren't my thing." I said shortly. The annoyed look resumed its permanent residence in my face.
    "Then why'd you come?" He chuckled.
    I glared at him. "Louis kind of forced me to. If I had a choice, I would be at home watching Doctor Who with ice cream." I snapped in his face.

  He looked amused. He held up his hands in surrender and tried to hold off a smile. "Alright, don't bite my head off." This jerk thinks I'm joking. Well, I'm not.
     "Are you always this bitter?" He asked me. Luke shoved his hands into the pockets of his dress pants.
    "I'm usually a happy person but my mum's been considering therapy a lot lately." I shot sarcastically.
    "Do you have any nice side of you?" He asked, motioning to my body.

"I do when I'm not talking to ignorant asses who I didn't want to talk to in the first place." I said blankly to him.
"Okay then let's pretend you don't even know me. Let's start over." He suggested. I just glared at him. "Hi, I'm Luke. I sing and play in a band called 5 Seconds of Summer." He even offered a hand along with a smile.

I swatted his hand away. "Yeah, no. I still am not fond of you." I said.
"You know what, I bet you're secretly really nice." He paused as if to consider the thought. "I'm going to make it my life goal to see you soft side." He said. I groaned and turned around.

I moved to another position. He just followed me. Now he was grinning. "Can I have your number?" He asked.
"I don't have a phone." I lied. Of course I have a phone. I'm 17, I think I'd be dead without it.
"I'm pretty sure you have a phone." He said to me.

"Well, I don't." I snapped back. He shut up for about 0.7 seconds. Then he did something totally unacceptable. He put his arm around me. "Please stop touching me or else I will knee you where the sun doesn't shine." He just chuckled and looked down at me. Because he's SO FRICKING TALL. He's basically a giraffe.
I pushed him off. He stumbled a little bit by the sudden movements. "Will you dance with me?" He asked.

I looked at him dumbfounded. Had he not gotten the memo that I don't like him at all? "No." I responded.
"Please?" He made his eyes are sad and stuck out his bottom lip. Oh crap. The puppy dog eyes. I can't take it.

I closed my eyes and took a breath. "Let me think about it." I said. I paused for two seconds. "Yeah, still no."

He just pulled me by the arm to where people were dancing. Believe me, I tried very hard to stay in my spot. But because giraffes are very strong, he won. "I'm not moving." I told him. He grabbed both of my arms and moved them around.
"Please stop it." I said very politely. He didn't stop.
"Don't stop." He whispered in my ear. Then something lit up in his eyes. Then he looked back down at me and smirked. "Dance!" He tried to spin me. But it doesn't work very well when the one being spun doesn't like dancing.

But then my favorite song came on. Something Big by Shawn Mendes. My eyes widened and my spirits lifted a whole lot. You know what happens when your favorite song comes on and you just can't control it. Well that's what happened to me. I did dance. I was probably under the influence of sugar and music but there are some things that certain  songs do to me that are very manipulative.

Once the song was done, I was a little sweaty, due to my dancing. Luke looked extremely happy, standing off to the side. He had loosened his tie and taken off his jacket. I walked over to him. "I told you that I'd get you to dance." He said smugly. I whacked his arm and grumpily crossed my arms.

"You two ready to go now?" Liam has come over to us. I didn't even notice that most people were clearing out. I nodded and Luke followed me out the doors.

The cool night air felt nice against me warm body. I found Louis laughing at something that Harry had said. "Hey Lou Lou." I teased him, digging my elbow into his ribs. He jumped away but relaxed when he saw me.
"Hey Brin Brin. Did you have fun?" He questioned.

I shrugged. Half the time I was trying to get away from Luke. I have a feeling that being on a bus with him will urge me to dump him out the window.

I leaned my head against the cold glass of the window in the car. Soon enough, I was asleep, accompanied by dreams.

A/N: hey there. So comment what you think is going to happen in the future of this story. Okay byeee🍝