Chapter 7

Calum nodded and took the spatula from my hand. His hands were warm and soft. He started stirring it. "Hey, would you look at that? I'm cooking." He said to me, smiling. "Thanks." He said to me.

  I just nodded stiffly and watched him turn the eggs over. He was looking at me instead of at the food. Studying and scanning my face. I looked over my shoulder up at him. He lightly smiled and so did I.

   I heard someone behind us clear their throat. Calum and I sprung away from each other and looked to see who it was. It was Luke, who was looking extra pissed. Probably because Calum woke him up so early.
I gulped and looked around. "Did I interrupt something?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

My face flushed as I stammered a response. "No, I was just, ah, making some eggs. Do you want some?" I offered to him.
He shook his head and grabbed the box of Fruit Loops. I shrugged and Calum took the spatula from my hand. "I think I can take care of the rest of the eggs. You can go get dressed or something. I got this." He smiled.
    I smiled back and left the room.

   This is weird. He's attempting to be nice. I was expecting the cold shoulder from them because I was being such a brat. But maybe it's time to turn over a new leaf. That old leaf was getting bitchy.
    I grabbed my duffle bag out of my bunk and knocked loudly on the bathroom door. Yes, bathroom. Singular. I am sharing a bathroom with four teenage boys.

   "Anybody in there?" I shouted. Then, I heard the running water of the shower and a response yelled back.
   "Sir Ashton is trying to shower at this moment! Come back when you have some manners!" Ashton yells in a British accent. I rolled my eyes heavily and went back to my bunk, shoulders slumped.

I nearly feel asleep until I heard Ashton opening the door from the tiny bathroom. "It's all yours." He said to me in an icy, monotone voice.
I gave him a weird look and went into the bathroom with my clothes and towel.

The shower felt incredible. Showering makes me feel like all the weight that's been building up on my shoulders is washed away by the water hitting my body repeatedly. I tried not to think of how Ashton was pissed at me. Or how Luke seemed to be pissed at me. Or how Calum is being nice. Michael was being normal, I guess.

    I hummed some Green Day song softly as I dried myself off. After getting dressed, I brushed my hair and threw it into a ponytail. Niall and I will probably hang out today, as we usually do. It's almost routine by now. I haven't gone a day without seeing them since One Direction really started taking off. 
   I should have drifted from my brother when fame hit him and the band. But it made us closer. He took me on all of the press tours and conferences, even though they were super boring.

   I couldn't really imagine life without them in my life. Louis always lights up a room when he walks in with a cheeky grin. Zayn always seems to be like a good person to talk to. Liam is practically another brother, protective and attached. Harry is one of the people I would've been friends with either way. We are so alike and understand each other easily.
    If I hadn't gotten close with them, then maybe I wouldn't be here right now. I could've gone down the path of loneliness and separation from my brother. I'm glad I didn't take that path though.

    I stepped out of the bathroom and took my phone out of its charger. I hung my towel on the back of the bathroom door. Louis had texted me the details for the concert tonight, the address and time. I responded my thanks and shoved my phone into the pocket of my black skinny jeans.

   In the back part of the bus, Michael was deeply into a game of Pokemon. I slid onto the couch next to him. If I was going to be friends, then this is a good as place as any to begin. "What's up?" I asked him, lacing my hands together.
    He didn't peel his eyes away from the small screen in front of him when he answered. "Just trying to become a Pokemon master." He responded. "But I think I just have undiscovered greatness deep inside me." He added. I burbled out a laugh and watched his for a while.

  After ten minutes, he picked a spare controller and held it out to me. "Wanna play?" He asked me.
    In slight shock, I smiled and nodded, snatching the controller and licking my lips. "You're going down, Clifford." I said to him. He just laughed and started the game again.

   I ended up winning more matches than him. He lost about two but I only lost one. It was close, but I did win. Let's just say that him being furious is an understatement.

  He was so angry that he nearly broke the tv when he threw down the controller and almost yanked the cord out of the outlet, pulling the tv with it.

   He screamed louder than a banshee. He went on a rampage, making a mess wherever he could go. I found this extremely hilarious as he threw Ashton's pillow to the ground. I was laughing so hard that I was crying and could barely catch a breath.
   I was on the floor, heaving big breaths and laughing. Luke and Calum came out of the kitchen, hearing the racket, with confused looks on their faces.

   "Mikey, what the hell are you doing?" Luke asked him, grabbing one of his arms.
    "She beat me at Pokemon!" He fell down to the ground and wrapped his arms around himself, covering his face.

  Calum looked up at me with a very big grin. "Well, I'll be the one to say that that has never happened before."

A/N: yo yo yo peeps. So this is kind of a boring chapter. But yeah. Okay byeeee🤑