Chapter 18

Luke's POV:

When she stormed out of the room, angered beyond belief at my actions, I couldn't help but think if any chance I had at being her friend was gone now. She probably hates me.
Calum presumably saw her leave and he raced into the room, taking a seat next to me. I sat there, bloodied face, sad and frustrated.
"Mate, why'd you have to do that?" Calum urgently said with his eyebrows drawn up in concern and confusion.

    I lifted my head up to look at him, then looked back down. "I don't know. I just don't like him." I stood up and almost walked out before Calum stopped me.
    "I really didn't like Ashton when he made me sleep on the floor at Michael's place at his first band practice and I got over that! I didn't go and punch him just because I didn't like him." Calum said rather loudly.

   "Good for you, Calum!" I yelled angrily. I got up in his face.
   "Why can't you go apologize to Caspar? I'm sure he's really nice." Calum said, trying to compromise.

"Why don't you go think you're better than everyone else somewhere but here?" I said to him.

"Why don't you go somewhere where you won't take up so much oxygen?" He spat at me.
"At least I know how to sing without making a billion mistakes!" I yelled at him. I knew that he was super sensitive to that and this was taking it a bit far, but I just couldn't help it.

I swear I saw small tears well up in his eyes. He tried to fight them off and retaliated with a come back. "You were never good enough at playing guitar or singing! Michael and I pitied you behind your back!" He jammed a finger in my face.
"Oh come on Asian boy! We both know that Michael obviously thought I was better than you, otherwise why would he ditch you for me?" I shot back. Fires burned around us, fueled by the gases of our anger towards each other.
He looked shocked, but recovered quickly to anger. "At least I'm not a baby who can't admit to his mistakes." He said calmer than me.

   "I'm not that much younger than you, so don't call me a baby." I said very menacingly. "You're not in charge of me!" I walked towards him. He tried to stumble backwards. "Why can't you just go leave me alone? For once, just go AWAY!" And with my last words, I just couldn't control my anger anymore and I pushed him down. I didn't think I pushed him that hard but when a loud bang rang around the room, I knew I'd made a mistake.
He grunted and striped to stand up. When he pushed himself up, I didn't even rush to help him. I couldn't. My feet were frozen to the ground. My voice was stuck in my throat. He stabilized himself up against a metal file cabinet.

A metal taste tickled my mouth when I saw a deep Crimson streak of blood running down the side of his head.
He spat out a large hunk of spit and blood into the trash can conveniently placed next to him.
My eyes went wide with surprise and shock. He peeled open his eyes and stared deep into my soul, analyzing every piece of my terrible soul.

"Oh, you're not Luke." He said in a raspy voice. He looked so in pain that I wanted to rush in and give him a bro hug and tell him that I'm sorry, so sorry. But I couldn't. I was unable to. "Not anymore." He broke out into a hacking cough and wiped the side of his mouth. "You've changed. You're a monster."

His words rang true in my soul. This was him trying to tell me to quit being such an asshole and start being the old Luke. But it was too late. Too late to undo what I'd done to Calum, to Caspar. To Brinley, to all my friends.
I couldn't stand looking at him anymore. So I did the stupidest thing I'd ever done in my life. And I've done a lot of stupid things. I ran out of that room, panicky and sweating.

I kept running out the back door and around to the side door to the bus. Ashton was sitting at the table when I jumped into the room. He looked startled. "You alright, Luke?"

I tried to act normal, like I hadn't just majorly hurt my best friend. "Yeah, fine." I bit my tongue to keep myself from shaking with emotions. "I'm not feeling too hot. I think I'm just going to lie down." I'd almost escaped him.
"Hey, why'd you punch Caspar? He's a nice lad." Ashton said casually. He didn't seem too hung up about it.

I shook my head and mumbled, "I just don't want to talk about it." I almost ran into my bunk, just above Brinley's, and quickly zipped the curtain closed so no light could be let in and no one could see me.
I grabbed my blanket and wrapped it around me tightly. I still couldn't breath or focus straight. But I knew one think. I had hurt my best friend. I had hurt my best friend and I didn't even help him up. I didn't even say I was sorry. I can't even remember what we were fighting about. Was it because I was too much of an ass to apologize to Caspar?

I can't figure out why Calum and I fought if I can't figure out why I punched him. Michael's words from earlier that night echoed in the empty spaces in my head and body, making them more true each time. I can't be jealous, because I don't even like her! I don't have a crush on Brinley. I don't have a silly, obsessive crush on Louis Tomlinson's sister.

A/N: I'm so sorry that I make my readers hate me every time I write a book😂 but Cake tho😢its my fav ship other than MUKE and CASHTON and Lashton and Malum and all of them whoops. Okay byeeee🇹🇲