Chapter 57

Today is the day. The day I leave for tour. A driver in a limousine pulls up outside of my house.
Louis left to continue One Direction's tour two weeks ago. I had said my goodbyes to him with little tears in my eyes. It was sad to think that he was leaving so quickly just as soon as we'd patched things up. I wish I could've gone with him. A small part of me wanted to visit the boys again.
I had seen them at one of their concerts a year ago. When Zayn left, I thought my whole world was crashing down on me. I knew that their band was about to be the epicenter of gossip and magazine articles. Their fame wouldn't end there, oh no. It would keep going and going and going. Every day of their lives would be documented until they faded into obscurity, which was no time soon.

   I don't know if I could be ready for that. I'm no older than Luke and he's been thrown into the spotlight for years. I wonder what it does to one's privacy and concept of life. It must be hard to make friends because everyone knows who you are and they always want an autograph.

I stood outside the door of my home, the place where I grew up and all my memories were made. This is it. I'm going and I'm living my dream. It all seems so surreal that this could happen so quickly. It was similar to when Louis and I left home to go on the WWA tour. I hugged my mum tightly, not letting her go. "I love you mum. I'll be home soon." My bags were stacked next to me at my feet and the limo driver came out and picked the up, loading them into the long vehicle.
"Go, Brin. Live your dream." She places both hands on my shoulders with a proud smile across my face. She looked me up and down, as if she was studying me.

She let me go, he hand sliding off of my back. I then felt how heavy the breeze was in Doncaster that day. "Brinley," my mother called to me. I turned around, my body shaking with excitement and fear. "If any one of those boys hurt you, I'll kill them." She said in a sweet tone. I cracked a wide grin and waved goodbye to my family.

When I opened the car door, I slid into one of the white leather seats. "Let's go on tour." I said to myself with pride swelling in my throat.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The ride to downtown London was quite short, considering that all the cars moved out of the way for a limousine to pass through. We stopped outside a large, grey building with signs that said "Hi or Hey Records". I smiled and knew that I was here.
The driver got out and opened my door for me. "You can go straight in, miss. They're waiting for you." He said with a kind smile. I thanked him and got out of the car. I stood in front of the doors at the big grey building.

   I deeply exhaled through my lips and pushed open the doors. I was greeted by a rush of cold air, soon adjusting my body to the temperatures. I rubbed my arm with my hand to warm myself up.
    I took in the view. Rows of chairs lined the area next to the entrance and dozens upon dozens of cubicles and desks filled another area of the office. I walked myself up to the front desk and perched on my tiptoes to see the old man working there. "Um, hi?" I squeaked.
   I was so nervous that I sounded tiny. "My name in Brinley Tomlinson and I'm supposedly getting signed with you guys." I said with a slight edge to my voice.
   "Very well, miss." The man went quiet as he reminded me of the goblins working at Gringotts in Harry Potter. They were short-spoken and looked bitter. The man rapidly typed things into the computer. "Go to room 112, door all the way to the left." He said, pointing to another hallway tha I hadn't even seen when I walked in.
    "Thank you." I muttered and slipped away from the table. I shouldered my bag and started down the long hallway.

   Fluorescent lights illuminated the hallway, making a slight buzz in my ears. I passed by many doors on each side of me, all marked with a number. I finally got down to the absolute end of the hall and saw a door marked 112. I took a deep breath and raised my fist. I knocked three times.

"It's open!" I voice yelled. I placed my hand on the cold silver doorknob and opened the door slowly. There was an old-looking man sitting in a chair and tossing a ball around to the other in the room. They were all sitting around recording equipment and laughing and having a good time.
Luke, Calum, Michael and Ashton all at around the man and they chatted, not seeming to notice my presence in the room.
"Uh, hi?" I said loudly.
The older man turned and looked at me, then immediately jumped up. "Forget about the new client today." He muttered to himself. That's reassuring that my new manager is forgetful. "Sorry about them, they're animals." He said walking over to me and waving a hand at the boys. Ashton had a goofy grin on his face. Like was biting his lip to try and contain his laughs while looking at me. Little did he know that it was making me blush.
"My name is John Feldman. Others call me Feldy. I'll be your new manager. Your name is Brinley, right?" He stuck out his hand for me to shake.
I shook back with little force. "Yeah, yeah. Brinley Tomlinson." I smiled and so did he.

"Well, then let's get right to work."

A/N: ayueeee wuz good hi okay byeeeee🍬