Chapter 54

"Brinley, you've lied so many times to me, that I can't even-" he placed a hand on his chin, that had become very stuffy over time. He shook his head and muttered to himself. "I can't believe you because how would I know if you're telling the truth?" He shouted at me. His hand was pointed at me face.
    My face probably looked like a ghost's. Pale and my mouth hanging down, I was shocked and kind of terrified. He'd never yelled at me before.  "Do you want mum to hear us fighting?" I hissed to him. "Trust me, at least I have a good reason to lie." I fired back at him.

     I saw him set his jaw in anger. "Are you kidding me? You relapsed because you lied about taking your pills! You lied to Luke and the boys! You lied to Niall and Harry about a lot." His words cut scars into my open wounds.
    "Don't even mention Luke, you know that he has nothing to do with this." I warned Louis.

   Louis has the shortest temper that is ever seen. He'll explode like a volcano if he gets too riled up. "Yes he does! This is all about him!" Louis bitterly laughed.
    "I didn't have sex with him!" I shouted and walked up right in front of his tattooed chest. "I didn't drug him. I barely talked to him!" I poked my finger into his chest to make my point.

  "Brinley, I don't know if I can believe that." He spoke after a long moment of silence.
    "Are you freaking kidding me?" I muttered to him.
   "Look, how am I supposed to protect you if you keep lying to me? I can't protect you from getting hurt because I don't know the truth!" He sounded pleading and desperate now. "I want to be there for you but you won't let me in!" He begged with watery blue eyes.

   "You really don't believe me, do you?" I whispered while fighting back tears of my own. We went from being so close to constantly fighting in such a short amount of time all because of one tour.
    "Then tell me everything. Everything. From the beginning." He took me by my shoulders and guided me to sit down on the bed.

   My hands were shaking. "I'm telling the truth, I swear. I didn't even think I was going to see him." I pulled my knees up to my chest. "Annabelle was taking me to a concert for my birthday and she wouldn't tell me who was playing." I blew out a big breath.
   "So I went with her, and it turned out to be 5 Seconds of Summer that was playing." I dead panned. "If I'd known, I wouldn't have gone. But I didn't."

   "So after the concert, Ashton found me and we talked for a while. But then he took me to go see the other guys. I thought that maybe it would be nice to see them, Calum and Michael." I sniffed and wiped my nose, which was running from the almost-crying. "But we talked and then Luke came out and I just-" I pressed my palms into my eyes and groaned.
    "Nothing happened. I swear. He has a girlfriend." He told Louis miserably.
    My brother looked confused. "Then why would Annabelle tweet that?"

   "Because she likes making my life miserable." I muttered. "She's the one who made up all the tumors at school that forced me to hide into submission due to large amounts of embarrassment." I exaggerated with a flair of sarcasm in my voice.
    "Really? I genuinely thought she was a nice girl." Louis looked surprised. "So she's trying to sabotage your friendship with Luke?"

   I flopped down on the bed and let my hair and limbs sprawl out around me. "I don't know, she's a confusing bitch." I sighed.
   "Okay, well now I know that you're not lying. But tell me more about you and Luke." Louis put his head on top of his fist and wriggled his eyebrows.

  "Oh my god, I am not talking about my relationships with my older brother. Nope, you will go into protective mode and that's not going to happen today." I sat up and flicked his nose.
   "Do you fancy him?" I was about to walk out of his room until his voice rang with that question. "Luke, are you fond of him?" He has a small grin on his lips, a sincere one.
    "I-yes." I stuttered out. "Yes I do. But I don't have time for a boyfriend." My cheeks blushed red and I turned away again.
    "Brinley," he called again. I already had one foot out of the door. "Make sure he treats you well. I don't want my baby sister to have a piece of crap boyfriend."
    "Thanks Lou." I smiled at him and he smirked back.
    "And one last thing," he stopped me for the third time.
   "What?" I groaned in fake irritation. I folded my arms and turned back to face him again.

   "I'm pretty sure he likes you too." One corner of Louis' mouth drew upwards toward him cheeks. "I think he likes you a lot." His arms were folded, the ink covering them weaving together like scribbles on a page.
    I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." And I walked out without him stopping me again. I couldn't deny the tiny smile on my face when I heard those words. I already knew that, but it was nice to be reminded of it.

   I went back to my room and pulled out my phone to deal with the issue myself. On Twitter, one of the trending hashtags was #Linleyisback. I clicked on it to see all the tweets with that hashtag.

    Some said things like "When ur OTP finally gets together #Linleyisback" and "vv glad that Luke finally left asparagus for a better lady #linleyisback"
   I'm not an idiot, I know what fangirl language means. And that means that people think Luke and I are a couple.

A/N: woohoo Twitter drama is so fun to write. Okay byeeee🐉