Chapter 4: Daddy's Girl

Ellington POV

I sip on alcohol in my coffee mug while I watch the morning news. God, this world is screwed.

"We need to talk." I hear Rydel say and shut the kitchen sliders. I sigh and mute the tv. Rydel sits across from me and bites her lip.

"I don't know what we are doing. We are married but we act nothing less than just friends.. Not even friends. Ellington, I want to be-" She states but I interrupt her rumbling.

"Rydel, I know. You want to be with me. But guess what? I don't want to be with you. Times have changed. I have changed. It's time for you to move on." I assure her for the hundredth time. Her face turns beat red. I found a smirk falling onto my face.

"Ellington," she says with anger coming into her voice, "I'm not giving on us. There has to be a little part of you who feels the same way as I do. Come on Ellington. Please." Rydel practically begs.

I sit my coffee mug down and stand up. Her eyes follow every move I make. I walk to her side of the table and stand centimeters away from her.

Rydel places her lips onto mine softly. They taste like watermelon. I don't kiss her back. She pulls back softly and bites her lip. Her eyes show hope. I look down. "Rydel... I'm sorry. I don't feel anything with you." I state to her.

There was silence for a second. Suddenly, I could feel tension in the air. Suddenly, I found a slap impact onto my cheek. Rydel's eyes are filled with tears. "I don't believe you."

I open the slides and walk away leaving her. I could feel Rocky's and Ryland's eyes burn onto my back as I walk.

Rosie was on her bed coloring. I peek in there and suddenly found myself sitting on the corner of her bed. She lifts her head and her brown eyes meet mine.

"What are you doing?" I simply ask. Rosie seems excited by this question. She lifts up her coloring book and sits beside me and shows the page she's coloring.

It's Woody and Buzz from Toy Story. One of my favorite movies. I remember suddenly it's hers too. We would sit and quote each part of the movie by heart when we were in the mood for a movie marathon.

"There's a snake in my boot." I mutter under my breath, suddenly thinking it wasn't loud enough for her to hear. Rosie smiles at me.

I glance around her room. Keep On Dreaming the sign reads on her wall. Around it is pictures. One with Rocky. Actually more like four with Rocky. One with Rydel. Then there's one of her and I.

I always knew she'd be a daddy's girl. I remember my mom saying this at Rosie's first birthday. I look at Rosie. Her blonde hair reaches her shoulder blades. I tap on her shoulder and she spins around, her hair flying the other way, and her eyes land on mine.

Suddenly, Rosie's arms are flung around me and I squeeze her. I could hear her softly crying into my shoulder. I don't know why she's crying but I rub her back. "I knew it." I heard her sniffle.

"What did you know?" I ask and look at her. A smile grows on her face.

"Everything is going to work out."

_____________________

Hey! I'm so so so so sorryyyyyyy about not updating! It's just.. I've been real busy with school.

So now I finished my Austin and Ally series, and now all my time for writing will be on this story. So I guess this may help updates get here quicker!

Also, some of you lovely people, have been asking me about my amazing (☺️) boyfriend. He's great. Been together since April 12th (2015).

Gosh, I love him.

Btw, you'll find out more Rocklexa in next chapter!

ANYWAYS!

What I'm saying is: updates will come faster, I promise!

I LOVE ALL OF YOU!

Love Always,

Zayne ❤️

QOTC: Who loves Rosie and Ell?

Second: Who misses Rocky and Rosie moments?! I DOOOO!!!