Chapter 16: Memories

Rydel POV

I was wiping my smeared mascara off my cheek with my coat sleeve and stand up. Mom's heart monitor gets turned off by a nurse while we all still stand there like deer caught in the headlights. There was complete silence.

That was until Haylee collapses to the floor. "Riker! Riker! The baby is coming!' She cries out and right away Riker is at her side and picks her up bridal style and walks out calling for doctors. The rest of us look at each other then walk out to see Haylee getting put in a hospital bed and pushed to a room. I start to follow but a nurse tells me I couldn't.

"Well... This couldn't be any better." Ryland says sarcastically making the rest of us look at each other. What does he mean by that? "What do you mean?" Ross asks apparently reading our minds. Ryland shrugs and we all walk out to the waiting room and sit.

I found myself sitting in between Ross and Ellington. Rocky was on the other side of Ellington while Ry sat on the other side of Ross. I get out my phone and right away when I unlock my phone the picture of my mom and I at our last tea party. This was before her condition got worse. What I'd do to go back to those days.

~

It was about three hours later when Alexa storms through the doors and right away this catches Rocky's attention. Ellington seems to notice this and we meet eye contact. I quickly look away. "What are you doing here?" Rocky asks anger in his voice. Alexa takes a seat across the room and a smile appears on her face.

"Haylee is my friend too you know? I had to be here." Alexa says matter of factly. Rocky rolls his eyes. "Yeah right, you just had to be here." Rocky mumbles under his breath. Alexa bites her lip and gets on her phone.

Ryland and Ross seemed entertained by this. Me on the other hand, just wanted to get out of here. Riker suddenly walks out of the doors smiling widely and we all stand. "Come on." He says and we all start walking and Riker stops Alexa. "You, don't come in." He instructs Alexa. Her face turns bright red and she stomps out the door. Rocky's smile grew across his face.

~

We walk in and sit in chairs, some stand leaning against the wall. Riker picks up a small baby in a pink blanket and smiles. "Guys, this is Rain Alison Lynch." He says proudly and his face glows as he says this. Riker walks up to me and looks at me. "You want her?" He asks. I smile and nod. Of course I would!

I sat in a chair and Riker places Rain in my arms. I look at her. She has Riker's nose and his smile. Her hand wraps around my thumb and a smile grew on my face. "Hi Rain, I'm your aunt Delly." I coo to her making her squirm a little. I could feel Ellington's eyes on me.

Suddenly, I remembered something and tears grew in my eyes. I didn't want to cry. Not right now. "Anddddd this was a surprise to me too but.. We had twins!" Riker exclaims and Haylee shushes him and his face turned red but went on. He gets another baby, this time with a blue blanket. "Now this is Storm Anthony Lynch everyone." Riker shows everyone him. He takes a breath before saying the next part.

"We decided on Storm because of an honor to mom." He says quietly. I couldn't take it anymore. I place Rain in Ryland's arms before I ran out the hospital room door into the girls' bathroom.

I run in and sat against the wall and started crying. I was crying hiding my face when I heard the door open. I look up and sniffled to see who was there.

It was Ellington.

"Go away." I mumble and hide my face. Ellington sits across from me and takes my hands into his. I look at him.

"I remember," he says and silence is in the air for a minute as if he thought I knew what he remembered. "I remember when we had that miscarriage. That was when you found out about your mom.. Having that.. You know." He recalls. I nod suddenly remembering what he said to me. I bit my lip and looked at him.

"You said we'd be okay. You were wrong Ellington." I say quietly. Ellington bites his lip and looks down.

"I'm sorry Rydel." Ellington apologizes. I nod and look back down and tears come to my eyes once again. Suddenly, Ellington grabs my cheeks rubbing off my tears and making me make our eyes meet. His eyes make me melt inside. He leans close and our noses touch.

"You know, we never know what's going to happen. One day, we could be here then the next gone. That's part of life. People come and go. But Rydel," he kisses me softly on the nose. "I want to be with you. I want to be with you until the day we die. Rydel, I want you."

Suddenly, I was full on crying and he was comforting me. I look at him. "Ellington..." I smile weakly.

"Don't leave me again."

___________________

SOOOOOOO IVE CAME UP WITH IDEAS FOR THIS STORY!!  This is going to be good.
Rydellington <3
And awwwww Riker is a dad!!!
Love
Zayne
QOTC: 1. What do you think about Rocky and Alexa right now???
2. ARE YOU HAPPY RYDELLINGTON IS FINALLY HAPPENING AGAIN??? :)