Chapter 13: Hurricane

Rocky POV

I walk into the club and quietly make my way past all the people around me. I made my way to the bar and I sit in a barstool. "What'd you want?" Scott asks then turns back around. "Oh it's you Rocky. The usual?" He gestures towards me with a pitcher. I smile and nod.

Suddenly, a long browned hair girl sits beside me. "Scott please get me the usual!" She instructs. Her eyes land on mine and I could feel the heat rising to my face. Damn. Scott places my drink in front of me and I take a sip to avoid encounter with this pretty girl. "What's your name?" She asks. Is she talking to me? I take another sip just to see if she was.

"Lori, that's Rocky. He's a newcomer," Scott turns around and looks at me. "Rocky, that's Lori. She's a regular." I nod and he goes back to serving. Lori takes a sip of her drink. She looks younger than 21. I look around to see people dancing around hopelessly drunk. Meanwhile others are in corners eating each other's faces.

"Are you that kind of guy who doesn't talk to strangers?" Lori interrupts my thoughts. I look at her and a smile appears on her face. Her smile is even beautiful holy sh- I shake my head and open my mouth to say something cool, "Nah I'm just not the type of guy to tell his name to a complete stranger he just met." It comes out harshly.

I blew it. She's not going to talk to me. "Wow. I'm shocked by how you are. Usually guys who come to clubs come to get something out of it or get a random girl to make out with." She fires back. She scoots closer to me and orders a shot for both her and I.

I can't say I haven't made out with a random girl.. I have.

"I loved a girl and.. It went downhill so fast and I guess she didn't turn out to be the girl I thought she was." I say without thinking. What am I doing? I just met this chick and I'm already telling her my life. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.

"Well.. I used to love someone. I walked in on him with another girl and ever since then I've found myself here every once in a while.. Or a couple nights a week. I guess we have something in common now, don't we?" Lori says downing her shot. I put mine to my mouth and downed it also.

"Lori, it's your turn." Scott tells her. She gets up from her stool and looks at me. She flashes a smile at me and I found myself smiling back. I followed her with my eyes as she walked to this grand piano in the corner of the room.

Suddenly, the music playing stops and the people on the dance floor stop dancing and take a seat. My seats by me were not occupied. I didn't care though. Lori pulls the microphone by the piano to her closely. "Hi everyone. It's me again." She giggles a little when she says that.

"WOO ITS LORI AGAIN!" I hear someone yell which made everyone start clapping. I started clapping too not knowing what was happening. Lori gets out a book and places it in front of her.

"I'm a hurricane." She says before she starts playing the piano. I don't know what she's playing buy it sounds good. Lori starts to sing into the microphone:

There's a place way down in Bed-Stuy,
Where a boy lives behind bricks,
He's got an eye for girls of eighteen,
And he turns them out like tricks

I went down to a place in Bed-Stuy,
A little liquor on my lips
I let him climb inside my body
And held him captive in my kiss

And there's a storm you're starting now

I'm a wanderess
I'm a one night stand
Don't belong to no city
Don't belong to no man
I'm the violence in the pouring rain
I'm a hurricane
Ha ah ah ha ah ah ah
I'm a hurricane
Ha ah ah ha ah ah ah
I'm a hurricane

I went down to a place in Brooklyn
Where you tripped on LSD
And I found myself reminded
To keep you far away from me

And there's a storm you're starting now

I'm a wanderess
I'm a one night stand
Don't belong to no city
Don't belong to no man
I'm the violence in the pouring rain
I'm a hurricane
Ha ah ah ha ah ah ah
I'm a hurricane
Ha ah ah ha ah ah ah
I'm a hurricane

He says, "Oh, baby, beggin' you to save me.
Well lately, I like 'em crazy.
Oh, maybe, you could devastate me.
Little lady, come and fade me."

I'm a wanderess
I'm a one night stand
Don't belong to no city
Don't belong to no man
I'm the violence in the pouring rain

Come and fade me
Come and fade me
I'm a hurricane." Lori finishes singing.

I found myself standing up and doing a standing ovation for her. She was amazing. Lori stands up and few people tell her good job as she walks back. She stops in front of me and I stop clapping. Lori bursts into a huge smile and sits back down and so do I. "That was.. Amazing. How did you do that? Did you write that? Where did-"

"Hey hey shh," Lori puts her finger to my lips. "I just.. I guess I like to write songs and perform them. This is just my favorite place to perform them." She answers my questions then moves her finger from my lips. I found myself nodding.

The music comes back on and people start getting back out and dancing. Lori stands up and looks at me. "You want to dance?" She places her hand out. I stare at it and she shrugs her shoulders. "Let me guess, you're scared of dancing with strangers?" I shake my head and she grabs my hand and leads me out to the floor.

I don't know what song is playing but I could tell she knew it by how she was dancing. She twirls around and I just stand dumbfounded. Suddenly girls appeared around Lori's age around me and her. "Lori, why are you dancing with him?" A blond chick asks.

What does she mean by that? I mean, I don't see myself looking trashy or something like some of the guys here. Lori stops dancing and looks at the chick. "I can dance with whoever I want to dance with. Plus he's the first guy to actually want to talk instead of just wanting my body so.. What's your point Abbey?" Lori asks. Abbey eyes me then tries to whisper to Lori but I end up overhearing.

"He's the Rocky Lynch. He was with that slut Alexa and apparently jacked her up and dumped her onto the curb afterwards because he didn't care about her." Abbey half whispers to Lori. Whoa whoa I so did not do that. Alexa cheated on me and left me. I loved Alexa and I wouldn't do that to her. I wouldn't do that to any girl.

I guess Lori saw how I was feeling. "Abbey, you got to stop believing these rumors. I think Rocky is a nice guy." Abbey shakes her head at her. "He's a player." Then walks away.

Well.. I see now how the public thinks of me. Player. I hated that word. I don't want to be that word. I'm not a player. "Lori I-"

"Save it. Listen," she says seriously,"If you're a player or any of what she just said, please just.. Go away. I don't want guys like you. I'm sorry for thinking you were different." Lori walks out. I run after her.

When we get outside I grab her shoulder and turn her to face me. "Let me take you on a date. I'll prove it to you. I'll even create a double date. I'll invite my best friend and his wife who's my sister. Please just.. Give me one chance. Please." I was practically begging her in the parking lot. Lori looks at me and bites her lip as if she's thinking.

"Fine. But only if we have another couple with us." She finally decides.

"Yes!" I do a fist in the air and she puts her number in my phone. This a opportunity not just for me.

But to also: Get Rydellington back together.

~
YOOOOO!!!
Rocky is back in works to get Rydellington back together. Since he's their number 1 shipper :)
Plus Loriiiiii oooooh. Do you think she's good to get Rocky away from Alexa or Rocklexa all the way?
The song Hurricane is by Halsey and I recommend you listen to it!
But.. 15 votes and 10 comments!
Love
Zayne 💕

QOTC: What do you think of this chapter?