Chapter 30: One Last Confrontation Part 1

Rydel POV

Friday went by pretty fast. Rocky, Riker, and Ross got together and created a strategy plan when we go to meet Logan.

Ross is going to try to find a window to watch Logan and I through.

Riker is the one that'll come in and take down Logan if he tries anything to hurt me.

Rocky's role is pretty simple: he's going to take Rosie if she's in another room. By this, he's leaving early to get to the house and hide out in a room. Always there for Rosie.

Ellington still doesn't know what all has happened about my dad and Rosie. I still haven't told my brothers. I need to soon though.

2 p.m

Ten hours until I have to go confront Logan and get my little girl back. Ellington jr. has been kicking more. I poked my stomach earlier and he'd kick. Then I continued this for the next thirty minutes. By the time I return to reality, Rocky walked in covered in black clothing with black on his cheeks like he's cheering for a football game. "Why are you all black?" I question placing a hand over my stomach getting a kick out of it.

"Once you go black, you never go back." He grins. I roll my eyes. Brothers. Rocky goes pouncing out the door like a tiger getting its prey. He seems to be on a mission. I stand up and check the time. It's three.

Cmon midnight come faster.

8 pm

I've taken a nap at least twice. Riker and Ross's butts sit on my legs and I whine and open my eyes. "Five more minutes." I sigh and I hear Ross laugh. I can't believe my brother is getting married soon.

Again, I realize that Rocky has no one. I haven't heard him say anything else about that Lori gal. I know Alexa and him have no chance at all anymore. He'll find someone, I'm sure of it. For now though, I think he's okay being alone. He always comes and visits us at home and is Rosie's best friend.

Riker helps me sit up and we go out to his black Chevy truck. I don't exactly remember it being black. I touch the door barely and look at my finger. Black smears on my finger and I look at my brother. "YOU PAINTED YOUR TRUCK?"

"I ALSO GOT A GUN!" Riker exclaims and I face palm. He seems to think we are in a Mission Impossible movie. I get out the Walkie-Talkies that are Mickey Mouse. They were Rosie's before she forgot about them. Good thing that I don't forget the small things. I give Ross a walkie-talkie and he puts black shades on.

"WE ARE THE BLONDE SQUAD!" He yells and I suddenly realize that that's true. Riker is blonde, Ross is blonde, and I'm blonde. I turn to Ross and high five em.

"Let's go kick some ass." I smile.

~

Nine and ten we spent getting ice cream and just talking. We never see each other anymore and it just feels good to be with them again. Now it's half past eleven and we are pulling up to the house. Ross looks at me wide eyed. "This looks like a house that belongs in a horror movie." He comments. He helps me step out and Riker parks his truck deep behind some trees. I couldn't help but agree with him.

The wood on the house looked worn out, and some of the windows had no glass protecting them. It had a round deck where it had broken places in it. The stairs weren't holding together very well. The front door had some bullet holes it looks like, through it. No wonder this place is abandoned. Ross gives me the sign he's leaving. By that, I mean he starts doing the chicken dance and dances away like a idiot. I had to hold back a giggle.

"Are you okay?" Riker whispers coming up behind me. I check my phone to see what time it was. Only three minutes until midnight. I bury the worries of something going wrong deep in my brain. I look at Riker and nod. He gives me a shoulder hug and holds up his phone. I hold up my phone and it was automatically to Riker's contact information. He starts walking away and I bite my lip and look at the door.

It's time. I put my hands together and hold them to my lips as if I'm praying.

Please don't let anything bad happen.