Chapter 29: Blackmail

Rydel POV

Riker sprinted out of bed the as fast as you can say fast. I rub my eyes and sit up as he runs out the bedroom door. Something isn't right. I get out of bed and walk down stairs to see Riker holding a note in a bottle. He looks at me as I walk in. "I feel like this is a note from Jack Sparrow." Riker mumbles.

A cold breeze blows in through the window making me get goosebumps. I hug my robe tighter to myself. "Riker, what's in the note?" I ask quietly. Riker pops the top off and pulls the little paper out of the bottle and reads it. I watch as his face goes from confusion to pissed within a matter of a few seconds. "What did it say?"

"It wasn't a note from Captain Jack Sparrow." He sighs disappointed. I roll my eyes and take the paper and read it myself. 

Dear my dear Rydel,
        I hope you know that your little child Rosie is in safe hands.. For now. Come Saturday to the abandoned house at Ridge Drive at midnight and tell your love for me. Just like I love you.
If not, your little Rosie will suffer the consequences.
~ L

I crumble the paper in my hands and bite my lip.

Logan.

~

"I'm not letting you go alone, you know that right?" Riker reminds me for the millionth time the next morning. I sigh and eat my cereal nodding. "In fact, we might need back up. I'll call up Rocky and Ross later."

"You know I can take care of myself right?" I ask him. He rolls his eyes and I grab my car keys. "I'm going to see the wicked witch of the west." I announce and he looks at me confused. "Kelly, Riker, Kelly." I say and he makes an 'o' sound then returns to watching ESPN.

I get in my car and start it and look at the pictures I have in my dashboard. The first one is a old picture of Rosie making her cheesy smile. It reminded me of Ellington so I snapped a picture of her. Now every time I ever feel down, I look at that picture and smile.

The second picture I have is an old picture of Ellington and I

The second picture I have is an old picture of Ellington and I. I don't know exactly why I have this in here but I like it. He took so much crap from me and he still loves me.

I sigh and set the pictures back inside my dashboard and start the drive over to Kelly's

~

I bang my hand on the door and right away Kelly opens the door wide eyed messy hair. "Where the hell is my daughter?" I grit through my teeth. Kelly raises her eyes at me.

"How am I suppose to know?" She questions me acting all innocent. I hold a urge to slap her face.

"You're married to Logan. He took Rosie and wants me to go all Shakespeare on him! Just tell him that if he dares to try to touch my daughter, I will kill him." I spat accidentally in her face and she nods quickly actually scared for once. I stomp off the porch.

I never meant something so much in that moment.

~

Double Updating because commenting: you rock. :)

K e e p u p t h e c o m m e n t i n g 💕