Chapter 19: The Big Dinner Part 1

Rydel POV

The next few days went by quickly, before I knew it it was Friday. Tonight was Courtney's big dinner and she's invited basically our whole group.

I spin around my room dancing to The Good Times Are Killing Me by Modest Mouse. The guitar and the tapping made me want to sprint across the house, across the world, and just keep going.

I slip into a black dress and I curl my short hair. My hair reaches just around the top of my neck. I love it. I slip on some makeup along with perfume.

I walk down the stairs to a very nice dressed up Ellington and Rosie. Rosie was wearing a dress that was ruby red (like a rose). Ellington was again wearing plaid with jeans.

Of course with green converse.

"Girls take too long to get dressed up." Ellington points out and I punch his shoulder playfully. He takes my hand along with Rosie's and we go and get in my car.

Finally, I get to use my car.

The drive over wasn't very long. Ellington and Rosie kept a conversation going while I just focused on the road.

That was until my jam came on. "ELLINGTON TURN IT UP!" I yell and he turns the radio on.

It starts blaring Don't You Forget About Me by Simple Minds. It's an 80s song but so what? I always wanted to live in the 80s.

Ellington, Rosie, and I scream out the lyrics horribly the rest of the way to Courtney's.

~

When we walk in, Rocky right away comes and sweeps Rosie off of her feet onto his shoulders and of course Rosie enjoyed that. I took the opportunity to take a picture.

"Rydel! You're here!" Courtney squeals and we hug each other. "Come come, I need help with making sure I have enough food." She pulls me away leaving Ellington.

~ :) ~

Ellington POV

I watch Courtney drag Rydel off and I stand there like a deer caught in the headlights for a second. I notice Vanni standing in the corner talking to Riker

I walk over to them. "Ellington!" Vanni cheers before hugging me tightly. I hug her back and Riker smiles. "E-Rat."

"Riker biker." I say back before we do a handshake. Vanni rolls her eyes smiling and walks off. "So how is everything?" I ask curious.

"Everything is great. Storm is great, so is Rain." He responds back. I was fixing to ask about Haylee but Ryland starts blaring music from his DJ set.

I turn to see Rocky dancing around with Rosie making her laugh. I smile at the sight.

Soon, everybody was getting food and getting drinks. I notice the alcohol but I don't touch it. I notice Vanni studying me to make sure. I smile and grab a water then walk over. "You know you don't have to make sure I don't drink, you know?" I make sure.

"Yeah I know but I just wanted to make sure. Hey where's Riker at?" Vanni asks. I shrug and she starts to walk away.

"Hey, do you like Riker?" I blurt out and she looks at me for a minute.

"Me? Like Riker? Ellington, that's crazy. Of course not." Vanni says quickly then walks quickly away from me. Okay then.

I look around and find Ross and Courtney making out on her sofa. Where is Rydel? I go in the kitchen and she's staring out the window. Why is she always doing this?

"Are you okay?" I ask her and her eyes land on mine. Suddenly, her arms are around my neck and her lips clasp to mine. I kiss her back then pull away. "I know you're not okay now. Talk to me."

Rydel's eyes go down to the floor and I pick her chin up to meet my eye sight. "I miss mom." She mumbles. I pull her into a hug and rub her back.

"It's okay, I know you do. I miss her too baby girl. But look," I look at her, "do you think your mom wants you to dwell on her death? I think not." This brought a weak smile. I take her hand and we walk to the dinning room and take seats.

Soon, the food arrived along with a birthday cake. It was Courtney's birthday also today. Her big twenty.

Soon everybody started getting food and drinks. Before we knew it everybody was eating and talking.

Afterwards, it is everybody's favorite part: the cake. I mean, who doesn't love cake?

Oh yeah, Rocky. What a party pooper.

~

"I have a special announcement." Ross says and the whole room goes silent and looks at him. A silly grin appears on his face.

"Please tell me Courtney isn't pregnant." Ryland sighs and all of us laugh while Ross rolls his eyes.

"Courtney I-don't-know-your-middle-name Eaton, I'm in love with you. Will you marry me?"

I choke on my water.

~

OHHHHH ROSS PROPOSED TO COURTNEY OMGGGG.
What do you think she'll say?
Yes?
No?
What will the others think? Will they be happy or think Ross is making a mistake?

Happy belated birthday Courtney!

I swear if any of you try to hate on this, I'll report you. So please don't hate on Courtney.
Or at least on my story.
Everybody has their own opinions.

But some just take their hate a little too far...

That's all I'm saying.

Love

Zayne

15 VOTES 10 COMMENTS AS USUAL :)