Chapter 33: Life And Death

Rydel POV

It took about a minute for me to realize something: I'm in labor and stuck in the elevator. My instincts told me to start screaming and panicking the freak out. My brain otherwise was telling me to not say anything. Ellington will get us out of here. He's my hero.

The nurse (I think she's a nurse) start pressing the elevator emergency button multiple times. My heart started beating faster. I'm not having this baby in a elevator. I can't. A needle stabbing pain shoots up my spine making me groan loudly. "When do you think we'll get out?" Ellington asks calmly. God bless his calmness.

"Last time, it took over two hours for them to get the elevator working again sir." The nurse informs us. Over two hours. That's it: I, Rydel Mary Lynch-Ratliff, am going to die in an elevator giving birth to my son. Ellington is going to have to grief my death and take care of the kids himself. Or maybe my baby will die with me. Or maybe-

"Rydel, look at me." Ellington orders making me zone back into reality. My eyes landed on his and instantly, my heart slows. Ellington runs his finger on my cheek and smiles weakly. "It's okay, we will get out of here as soon as possible. We'll go and have our son brought into the world. Everything will be okay." He soothes me with his calm voice. I bit my lip and nodded.

Even though the blood coming out was showing something else otherwise.

~

Twenty or thirty minutes later, we are still in the elevator. It feels like a century to me though. Not only are we in this elevator, I'm having contractions more and more as time passes. I fiddle with my fingers together and I feel myself start to sweat. I guess it was obvious I was hot because Ell was fanning me. I don't understand why he isn't hot though.

We heard a beep and we both look at the elevator door as we hear it start to raise up. Thank you God. I speak in my mind to myself. As we stop again, the doors open this time and Ellington pushes me quickly to a squad of surgeons. "My wife.. In labor.. Help." I hear feeling lightness in my head. It takes everything in my strength to stay sitting up straight.

I look at Ellington before everything went dark.

~

I open my eyes to be in a random place. It seemed like my teenager bedroom. What the heck? I sit up and look down. I have no baby bump shaping my stomach. Also, my blonde-brunette hair was long past my shoulders. I must be in a dream. This is the only logical reason of what is happening. This must mean I'm having a c-section for my baby boy.

I get out of my bed and walk through my childhood home full of emptiness. Not any furniture was there except my bedroom. I go into the kitchen and open the cabinets expecting to see food. Instead, there's nothing in them except dust. Where the freak is all the amazing food? "Hello?" I ask to the empty house.

No response.

I sigh and turn around. I jump backwards before I run into my mom. "Rydel! What are you doing here?" My mom asks. I have to hug her for a moment before I think of the answer for the question. Sadly though, I have no idea what I'm doing here for.

"I-I don't know! Mom, I miss you so much. It's so horrible with you gone." I explain then remember something. Dad. I guess mom could read the expression on my face. "What's wrong sweetest girl ever?" My mom asks me using my nickname. I haven't heard her call me that in forever. I missed that though so I don't mind.

"Dad.. He cheated on you with this other woman and I have a sister that's my age. I can't stand to be around him since he hurt you that way. You didn't deserve that mom. I hate-" I begin when my mom interrupts me.

"Rydel Mary Lynch, you do not say that about your father. We all make mistakes sweet girl, but I knew about her all along."

"You did?" I ask surprised.

"I did. He didn't tell me though. She did." My mom takes out a picture of her and a younger version of Rachel. I look at her surprised. She didn't tell me about my sister? I shake it off when I get a hurtful feeling in my stomach and I sit on the floor. "Rydel, what was happening before you came here?' Mom asks worriedly. I take a moment to think over what was happening: I was in labor. I was bleeding. I was sweating. I felt light headed-

Oh my god.

I'm dying.

___________________________________

I finished this chapter on my birthday which was Thursday (February 25th) and I couldn't wait to show you guys!!! But I waited until Monday. :)

HAPPY MONDAY ❤️

Updates every Monday.

QOTC: Opinions on this chapter?

Love

Zayne ❤️

Instagram: zcherron

Twitter: zcherron