Chapter 32: Recovery

Ellington POV

It's been a few days since I've been back since Wisconsin. When I got back, everything seemed chaotic. I reminded myself to never go on a family visiting trip ever again without my family. Rosie hasn't been sleeping at night knowing Rocky has been in the hospital for a few days now. He lost a ton of blood and needed a lung transplant. That happened a few days after he'd been there.

Did I mention it's getting extremely close to new baby Ratliff? Rydel is showing big time and he's always kicking. We've thought about naming him Elliot. It's just a thought so.

"Man, you have got to feel better soon. There's no one to cause hell with without you." I smirk as I sit in a chair by Rocky's hospital bed. Rocky slowly turns his head to me and gives me a weak smile. He can't tall right now because his throat is sore and I get that. Rocky slowly puts his hand in a fist and gently fist bumps me.

Have I ever mentioned he is my best friend?

Rosie walks in with McDonald's and Rydel following behind her. Rosie smiles and sits at the edge of Rocky's bed. "How are you feeling?' Rosie sincerely asks. Rydel shakes her head eating her McGriddle. Rocky smiles more when he sees her ask him this. I'm hoping this gives the answer to her question.

I've heard her prayers at night though. She blames herself for everything. It's not her fault though.

Rydel sighs loudly making everyone look at her. She looks paler than normal. I sigh and hold her hand and bring it to my lips. Rydel smiles watching me. "Ellington, he's kicking." Rydel mentions. Rocky sits up slowly and watches us. The captain of the Rydellington ship is aboard. I put my hand to her stomach just to feel it again for the millionth time.

His kick.

~

We spent an hour at the hospital before we decided to go. It was lunch time anyways so we aren't wasting time on crappy food. We are going out. "Hey can we bring something back for Rocky?" Rosie asks as we walk to the car. Rydel sighs and stops walking making us stop and look at her.

"You okay mommy?" Rosie asks. Rydel takes a deep breath then nods. We all walk to the car and get in. I notice we didn't answer her question about Rocky but I just ignore it. Rocky is only allowed hospital food even though it's disgusting. Rydel to seems to not be feeling good which worries me a little. She says she is okay Ellington, leave it at that. I pull into Taco Bell and Rosie screams.

Rosie loves her tacos.

~

We came back after a while to the hospital to stay with Rocky. Rydel was sleeping in a chair while Rosie and Rocky were exchanging small quiet conversations I couldn't hear. Rocky couldn't talk but he still had his hand motions which was enough for Rosie. I lay back and start falling asleep when I hear a wince. What was that?

I peek open a eye and Rydel is biting her lip in pain. I right away sit up and look at her. "What's wrong?" I whisper quiet enough just for her ears only. Rydel looks at me and holds her stomach. I studied how she was looking when I noticed it.

Blood was staining her pants. I stand up and help Rydel up and she winces in more pain making both Rosie and Rocky notice us. "W-what is w-wrong?" Rocky's raspy voice comes out. That's the first time since the accident he said some thing. I would do something but I'm too busy wondering what's happening with my wife.

Suddenly, Rydel faints landing into my arm hold. I pull her in the hall and look around frantically. I could feel my heart start beating faster. "Help! My wife is pregnant and bleeding! She just fainted!" I yell. This gets attention. A lady around her thirties walks up with a wheelchair ready instantly for Rydel. Rydel rises back to consciousness and looks around then bites her lip. She sits in the wheelchair and the lady starts pushing her towards the elevator and I follow.

We all get on a an elevator and I watch as the doors close. Rydel's hand grips mine tightly and I run my thumb in her palm. The elevator starts to rise when I get the same thought every time I'm in an elevator: I still have never been in a elevator with music. You've seen movies with elevator music, also TV shows with music. I've never experienced that.

Suddenly the elevator comes to a stop and we wait for the doors to open.

They don't.

____________________________

HAPPY MONDAY UPDATES!! Now updating every Monday. ❤️

Thursday is my birthday and I'm going to be sixteen... I got watt pad when I was twelve... So old.

What do you think is going to happen?

Love,

Zayne

Instagram: zcherron

Twitter: zcherron