Surprice

costco food on the side!

ಌ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Aria~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ಞ

To say that Luke and I were lost with the materials in the list was a big understatement. We had to ask people for help because we weren’t sure how to find things. If by any chance we found the right aisle for the items we still needed help because there were different sizes and materials we just couldn’t get a break. I felt exhausted and grouchy after an hour and a half of running around Lowe’s. So I guess Luke had never played handy man since he was even more lost than I. For a brief second I entertained the mental image of Luke shirtless and with a tool belt all sweaty from working.

“That will be 168 dollars with 33 cents” the cashier says loudly startling me out of my daze.

“What?” I ask looking down at all the bags of crap we had. I had made sure that we picked out the cheapest materials possible as long as they meet the lists requirements.

“Its 168 dollars with 33 cents how would you like to pay?” the friendly guy asks.

I stared at him in shock and robotically handed over my credit card. My brain was trying to figure out how I could spend so much on materials. The person gave me my card back and hand me the receipt. I took my card and put it back mumbling thanks. I picked up one bag and looked up to find Luke was already walking out with the rest of them.

“Costco” he says glancing back at me but I wasn’t really paying much attention.

I was expecting that buying materials for my 3D design class wouldn’t be so expensive. The worst part of it all was that we didn’t get all the materials a good chuck maybe a third weren’t sold at Lowe’s. I chewed on my lower lip hoping the rest of the materials wouldn’t cost much.

“It was more than expected huh?” Luke finally says taking my bag and putting it in the trunk. He had already put the wood in the back seat since I had to take it whole and we would cut it in class.

“Yeah… I guess I was hoping if I bought it through out the semester I wouldn’t notice how much I spent” I reply then sigh loudly. “College is expensive.”

“That’s education for you takes time and money” Luke responds and places his hand on my lower back to begin guiding me towards the Costco which was directly across the Lowe’s we just had to cross the huge parking lot.

Shopping in Costco was pretty much a blur I was too busy calculating how much spending money I had for the month. My monthly allowance from financial aid was only 300 dollars a month and I was sure that I only had 50 dollars left for the month. I sigh loudly hoping that I don’t have to buy any more things for school. The first week I had to buy textbooks and those were expensive I went up to a thousand dollars on just 4 of those things. Being a grown up is actually harder than it looks it requires a lot of restrain and money managing.

I jump startled out of my thoughts as Luke drops in a huge container full of vitamins in to the car. I frown starting at the vitamins and then look up as Luke gives the front of the car a pull I hadn’t even realized I had come to a stop and now I was walking again.