The proposal

ಌ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Aria~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ಞ

I my eyes flutter open and blink the sleep away. When my eyes focus I look around and the light was streaming through the white curtain urging us to get up. I shifted and groaned feeling not only Luke’s heavy arm but the soreness of my body. Yes I loved this boy and what we did the night before but now my body ached.

As the fog of sleep left my brain I realized that we were spooning. I was securely engulfed in Luke’s strong arms and our legs were tangled together. I could feel his hot breath on my neck and giggled as it tickled my hair. I shifted knowing that he was too out to wake up at the moment. I faced him and smiled enjoying his peaceful features.

My eyes wondered down his strong jaw, neck, shoulder and finally on his arm. I would often stare at his tattoos and find new things I didn’t realized were there. It was an interesting and intrigued design he had come up with. He needed help to make it of course but it was under his design. The tattoos were a mixture of American and Japanese tattoos. I remember when he told me he had studied abroad; Japan to be exact.

He told me he went to Japan needing a chance of scenery after Alexandra broke his heart. I was happy that we could share our love for Japan but even now I felt my cheeks heat up in embarrassment. All those times I thought I was cursing him and he didn’t even know, oh god, he laughed for hours after telling me.

I glance at the clock knowing we had to get up already, I sighted and sat up wincing, he did a number on me alright. I love Luke he was experienced enough to know when to be rough and when to be gentle and when and how to combine the two. We just had this perfect chemistry like we knew how to built each other and break each other. I smirked remembering some of our fake fights just to have angry sex.

The night before didn’t fit in to that category, it was just making love. Luke showed vulnerability like he had the first time we did it. He thought I was becoming distance, I wasn’t. But I could see why he thought that, I was quiet and robotic; the last few days had been interesting. I knew I had to tell him and soon but I was still worried.

I didn’t want to ruin whatever Luke and I had. The thing was that I was afraid, what if he didn’t want to spend the rest of his life with me? We had been together for two years now and I wasn’t sure if we were ready for the next step. Yes we had talked about marriage but it was always a playful short conversation. I was just so worried that if I brought it up he would want to wait.

Would it really be that bad to wait? No it wouldn’t but wouldn’t it make things awkward? I know I should talk things out with Luke he had asked me what was going on earlier; I panicked and blamed it on the graduation. It was a cop out answer but I was taken by surprise. I decided that I should talk to him, tonight after dinner; I wouldn’t back out this time.

“Aria?” Luke groaned out as he sits up stretching and giving me a bright smile. I smile back shyly and he captures my lips in a sweet and slow kiss. I smiled as our lips separated and gave him a short peck on the lips.

“Come on let’s get ready…” I say standing up and he looks at me reluctantly following. “You make breakfast while I shower… I’m all sweaty.”

“Let’s shower together” He says putting his arms around my waist and pulling me up to him. I smiled and pushed at his chest shaking my head.