Chapter 1-The Ice Princess

"If you are scared to hurt me, don't be. Atleast I will feel something for a change"

**************************************************

SHE

'How can people be so stupid to stick around with just one single guy/girl for so long', fifteenth time was Ashi brooding over the same thing. One of the most hateful day of the years it was, "The Valentines", the only day in the whole year she cursed her existence and how could she not hate it. She hated relationships or thats what she has been putting up for so many years. But deep down it was just her fear of trusting and fear if believing in the facts that emotions and feeling like that could exist and with the hard work of so many years she was successful in building up a fort and locking up her heart.

"Come on Ashi you can't know it since you are the ice princess" said her friend Shivi mockingly. Everyone in the school knew Ashi was a 'no-go zone' for love. Her friends over years tried to persuade her with no luck, although situations were worse with the boys who tried to propose her or came with any prospect of love as they turned into her foe. After 4-5 such instances boys gave up even trying and friends thought her to be a emotionally cursed person. With her attitude toward love she soon became famous with the title of "the ice princess" and she was not abhorent to it as it suited her "emotions on island" situation.
It was only her friend Shivi who thought Ashi could be redeemed or maybe she saw the fear in her eyes for trusting and loving or maybe she was just mental. Whatever might be the reason she was her best friend. The only person who looked beyond her arrogant attitude and her self defending ego.
Ashi rolled her eyes at her comment. This was not the first time she was told this and she was more conserned about the fact that she had to spend next 2 hours more in this "lovy dovy" enviroment. With couples cozing around in every corner possible, with the freaky red roses and heart shaped cards in their hand.
Ashi was getting all pushy on Shivi to hurry up as she didn't wanted to get late again for her geography class as she has not been attending it since a week. "Are you going to hurry up or you want to stay here all day seeing yourself in mirror", said Ashi waiting impatiently for Shivi to complete her hair styling in front of the mirror of the girls restroom.
"Staring is what our geography teacher will be doing today after seeing you in class after entire week", Shivi reminded her of her elaborate bunking of geography class." Just then the bell rang and both of them hurried to the class. Fortunate enough Sood ma'am the geography teacher bought the super boring excuse of being sick and didn't say a word. After the 2 hours of torture the school actually got over and for just this one day Ashi went straight to home without waiting around for her friends as they were busy expressing their love to their beloved and reached home early(which made her parents a bit worried as she never returns that early).
As it was the ONLY day of the year when she didn't leave home to go out with her friends to coaching or playing basketball. She went to her only paradise, her "books", which she loved more than anything else and the rest of the day went roaming the lands of forks with Edward Cullen and Bella Swan, wondering if such kind of feeling did exist in the real world and will she ever know how it feels to be. Not having much hope, the princess slept with ice in her heart. Who knew that someone was on his way who will soon waltz down in her life and melt the ice...!!