Chapter 19- Bet

"I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you." ― Friedrich Nietzsche

*******************************************************

She

'A BET'

I could not believe what I heard....I felt all my fears coming true....all my emotions just needed to escape so they choose my eyes as their escape and came down as tears from my eyes

He won't do this to me....all this can't be a like.....he won't play me....Akash bhaiya is lying.

When I coun't take anymore I ran inside and locked myself in room and let out all my feeling....i don't know for how long I sat there when I heard bhai walking in and sitting beside me......wait but didn't I lock the room....he just came and sat beside me and held my hand.....I don't know how long I sat there like that but then when I got my emotions in check.....i decided that I won't believe anything until I was 100% sure and I needed to know the truth from someone who would never lie to me and I knew who it was....Bhai

I turned to bhai and asked him...

'Bhai did what Akash bhaiay said was true.?'

'I don't know bacche, I had no idea what he wanted to talk about' he said

'Bhai please I have to know the truth please bhai, you are the only one I trust please bhai please find out the truth for me....i know you would never lie to me' I said with tears in my eyes.

'Stop crying baccha, I promise I will not let you get hurt' he promise me

After that he dropped me back home and I went to my room and with every single breath I prayed that whatever Akash Bhaiya said was a lie and Shiven didn't do anything like this......I knew I was at the verge of breaking but I held to the hope that 'it was all a lie'

"Wish someone was there to tell her that not all dreams come true and some dreams are shattered by the people we least expect it from."

Shrey's POV

I knew what I was doing was going to hurt Ashi but I was doing all this for her own good. Ashi is not just my sister but has been like my own child to me....i have seen her since childhood and I was aware about her fears for love and relation.....she had a kind and beautiful heart but a scared one to...to the world she put up as someone who never cared but I have knew she was the one sometimes most suffering she just didn't wanted to let the world see her as weak. Everyone thought she was cold hearted but non knew that she was not cold hearted, she was just guarded. I didn't wanted her to be hurt so I kept her off from the vile world....they were things she never knew not because she was oblivious to it but because I didn't let it reach to her..... She was a bit unaware about things but I preferred it that way, as she did not need to know it all......she didn't enjoy much boy attention so I didn't have much problem keeping them off her and neither did I want her to be with any one of them because I knew difference between love and lust and what I saw in them for her was just lust and I wanted my sister to be loved not lusted.

Everything was fine until one day when I was coming back from my gym I saw Ashi with a guy and just with a look at them I could tell they were not just friends......Her feeling were very easily visible inher eyes for that guy.... To say I was shocked was understatement as Ashi never gave attention to a boy ever befor but with him,it was different, with him she was different, I could see the change in her that I have never seen before. But I didn't confronted her directly reagrading that guy, I first found out all about that guy from my sources....it was not very hard to do so. He was a normal guy studying in one of the known schools of the city, he was quite a usual guy as far as my sources told me but I needed to find what he felt for my sister was real or he was just another guy trying to hook up with my sister....so I observed him myself at first I found him a sencier student, good at studys and games....so just to check up upon his feelings for my sister I asked one of his classmate if that guy Shiven had any girlfriend. He said no but he likes a girls. I asked that girls name and the thought he will take my sisters name but instead he told me some other girls name. I was led down. I needed to be sure about him so I asked a more direct source. In my neighbor lived a guy who was younger than me but has always been a bit smitten by me for some reason....he use to play with me and my friends in evening when we were young his name was Shan. I had seen him with that guy Shiven at Ashi's coaching and so I asked about Shiven and he told that Shiven didn't love any girl nor did he believed in love. I wanted one last confirmation and so I asked Shan to call Shiven and ask if he is dating anyone right now. So he called him and asked him and he refused saying he was dating no one he was single. and that just told me what I wanted to know.

After that I tried to talk Ashi out of this relationship with him but for the first time in my life she was defying and was taking at stand. At that moment I realized that Ashi's feeling for that guy run deeper than I thought and I had to protect my sister from getting hurt. So I choose a harsher way to get Shiven out of Ashi's life, I knew if I in any way harmed Shiven , Ashi would never forgive me so I did something I did something I never knew I would regert all my life.

I lied to her.

I asked Akash to tell her lie about Shiven but when I saw her crying all my resolve to take Shiven out of her life was at the verge of breaking....she asked me to find out the truth as she trusts me like no one else.... I broke a bit more....there came a time when I was about to tell her the truth but Akash reminded me that I was doing all this for her own good.....so after two days I went back to her and did something I sill regret.....

I lied to her......I told her that whatever Akash told her was truth and Shiven didn't love her. He was just playing her.

I saw her breaking down for the lie I told her and it hurt me to see her that way but the thought that I was protecting her from getting even more hurt later kept me sane. I could see all her emotions in her eyes...pain, anger, betrayal, hurt......all because of the lie I told and she believed it because she trust me....but I knew what I was doing was right for my sister and I would do anything t protect her even if it means that I have to hurt her myself.

"All this brother forgot in protecting his sister was that a trust take years to build but a lie can break it in matters of seconds in a way that it can never be built again."

********************************************************************************************

here is the next chapter guys i hope you all like it.

Pls vote and comment.