Chapter 13- Standing By

"A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand. I think, I too, have known autumn too long."

******************************************************

HE

Today when I came to my coaching classes I had my first lecture free so I went to terrace as it was really crowded downstairs an I'm not much of crowd person. I'm more of silence lover so I went upstairs as there are always very few people there but as soon as I went there with Shubham there today I found Ashi standing there. She didn't notice me there. She was just standing there near the wall looking at nothing particular, she seemed to be deep in thought. As our coaching classes were on 4th floor so it was very unlikely for anyone to notice her standing there. I went and stood next to her but she still didn't seemed to have noticed me. She was lost in something deep. I somehow felt that moment very private of her so I asked Shubham to wait for me downstairs and he being my 'buddy' he nodded at me with understanding and went down without asking anything further, this was something that made this guy one of the closest person, he just knew when he should poke himself in my business and when it is best to leave alone.

She was just standing there. Her eyes showed me an 'emptiness' and 'fear'. The look in her eyes was very unsettling. All I wanted to do was embrace her in my arms and sooth all her hurt. I wish she would tell me what was she thinking. But that held no chances, especelliy not these days when we were playing this sucking game of "you can't avoid me however much you try". She has been avoiding me since last 4 days, can you believe fucking 4 days I haven't seen my princess straight in eyes. Whenever I would look at her she would intentionally look somewhere else, anywhere but me. I could see her spraining her neck during lectures looking down in her notebook so that we don't have any of our 'eye confrontations'. I knew she knew whenever I was looking at her and I knew she was avoiding me intentionally. This was something weird with me, I always felt her presence whenever she was near me as if something inside me always told me whenever she was near me. I didn't need to see her, I could feel her(I know it sound like some clinche shit of some extremely pink and white novel but dude don't laugh every monster sees angel someday even if its there to destroy it.......ok sorry that was really shitty).

*What was she thinking....??* was all I was thinking.

I kept looking at the beautiful face of my princess, I don't know for how long. Finally, she snapped out of her lala land of thoughts and noticed me there. Her eyes caught mine and we had our 'eye confrontation', again. I got lost in those beautiful eyes, again. She snapped out of our trance soon and started walking towards the exit trying to avoid me again and I just wanted her to know that I knew what she was playing at so as she was walking away so I said to her

"When are you exactly giving up ignoring me..!!!"

SHE

His words caught me by surprise; I just stopped on my way. He came close to me and whispered in my ears in his husky yet very confident tone "I'm here for you". His closeness affected me like nothing else. Him being so close made me nervous, his lips were nearly touching my ears sending tinkling sensation though my body, making me shiver a little. Just saying that he stepped back and went downstairs leaving me standing there stunned.

His words made me feel like nothing before. His words had warmth in them, I felt like I found a missing piece of my life puzzle without realizing that it was missing till now. I felt as if someone was protecting me form me, it felt safe after . I felt a smile crawling on my face.

WAIT...what the hell is wrong with me. Why am I standing her like an idiot with a smile on my face having heard those 4 words from him? What is wrong with me? Why am is he effecting me so much?

I had no answer to any of these question all I knew that I could not ignore him anymore. There was just something drawing me more and more towards him everyday. Standing there on terrace I hadn't decided as to if I wanted to give him a chance or not.

I walked back to my class and sat there and after our lectures got over I picked up my books and was about to leave when I saw him looking at me and when I looked at him he just gave me a smile and I rather than turning away, smiled back at him. I think I have made my decision.

I was going to give a chance to him.

I was going to give a chance to this emotion.

I was going to give Myself a chance.