Chapter 7-Compassion

"Love and compassion are necessities, not luxuries. Without them humanity cannot survive."- Dalai Lama

***************************************************

She

It was for the first time someone stood up so defensively for me. Its been a week since that incident happened. I haven't noticed him in my class before, well I didn't notice many people much so wasn't much of surprise that I didn't paid attention to him. Not that i was and arrogant Bitch, just that I kept my nose in my business only and was happy with it, anyways after that incident I Thanked him and walked away. Not that i need someone t defend me but it was still sweet of him to do so. After that day we occasionally exchanged smiles at each other and that was it.

One day while I was waiting for Shivani, who was busy making acquaintance with some Roadside Romeo and increasing her count for ditching guys, after class. A saw a old women standing there outside and begging, she literally looked in desperate need, near her stood a few guys from our class. I was about to help when i saw her asking for their help, I stood back and saw what exactly they would do, I knew what exactly they would do but still i wanted to see it and without disappointing me they did exactly what I expected them to do i.e mock her.

I was never one of those girls who had a checklist of qualities she would like in her prince charming or knight in shining armor or whatever it is but i always knew that whoever that person might be all i would like to see in him is compassion and respect for others especially people below him and opposite sex.
I was one of those girls who was more impressed by "who i'm ..!!" rather than "who my father is..!!"
Show off was always off limit to me. It only did opposite of impressing me. It was not like it was very hard to impress me but non had made an impression yet.

* Enough shit about me, lets get back to present*

So as I was about to step in to help the old lady. I saw him again I dont remember his name exactly but I think Shivani told me it was Shiven

He was standing by his car when that old lady came to help I thought he would do the same like other guys but taking me by surprise he took out his wallet and gave a 50 rupee note to the lady and took out a bottle of water from his car and gave it to the lady.

I stood their amazed and before I realised i was stupidly staring at him. He caught me staring and held my gaze. He had really beautiful eyes and it in those eyes for first time I noticed true Compassion. And that stired something deep in me...making me unsettled

But that guy definately left an impression.

****************************

Sorry its a really small chapter i know but i will make it up to you all in next chapter....so very sorry