Chapter 6-Taking Stands

"She didn't need to understand the meaning of life; it was enough to find someone who did, and then fall asleep in his arms and sleep as a child sleeps, knowing that someone stronger than you is protecting you from all evil and all danger"
― Paulo Coelho, Brinda

******************************************************

SHE

"It's so hot out here, can we please go inside and talk.", I again requested Himanshu.

Himanshu, my best friend. He is the only person who understand me in a way no one else does. he was not just a very good friend but he was always more than just a good friend. he was a guide, a philosopher, sometimes a misguide too, a person who understood me in a way no one else did. Many thought we were dating but in reality we never did and we never bothered explaining, he was always more than friend and i loved him but never in a way they thought. He was just a very essential person in my life, a person who knew me behind mask.

*Back to present*.

I am being lectured or in his words counselled about trusting people as i never use to do it. I didn't mind him lecturing me but right now it was getting on my nerve because of two reasons. Firstly, this is 8-9th time i am being lectured about the same topic, and the matter of the lecture was still the same, *come on atleast change the lines Hemu* and Secondly, he is lecturing me in the field were the temperature is around 40 degree Celsius. I mean its not like the hotter the temperature is the better I will understand so why torture. the worst part was that he knew his lecture has the same effect on me as they had when they were given previously that was none. But Himanshu was Himanshu he like me never gave up.

"Are you even listening to what i'm saying or I'm just barking like an Idiot", asked Himanshu irritated by my persistent nagging. "sometimes I feel like I'm the biggest idiot to even-"

"hey, you don't feel it, I was the one who helped you discover the fact that you are an idiot, so don't take the credit you Arse.", I cut him in middle of watever he was going to say. He just glared at me and said his pen sentence,"what will we do with you?"

"don't bother yourself hemu(Himanshu) my parents have been trying to find the answer to the same question since last 16 years, they never got a proper one", I replied mockingly and winked at him and we both started laughing and walked off to our classes.

After my school got over I went to my coaching classes with Shivani we reached our class and like usual we sat on our "love seat" we had two lectures today English and Physics. our english professor fell sick so we had a free hour before our physics class. We were sitting casually when i guy named Rajat(the guy who proposed me 3 months ago and was extremely pissed off when i said no)said that lets play 'opinions' today and we had nothing better to do we all got along with it. First topic on which we had to give our opinion to my horror was "LOVE". Everyone starting saying some shit or the other, after Shivani came my turn to express my view on love. I thought I would say some cheesy thing i had read in one of my novels but before I could say anything. Rajat stood up from his seat and taunted me in front of the entire class saying,"Leave it Ashi we all know you are clueless about Love after all you are an ICE PRINCESS."

"Ouch..!!!" it did hurt... But before I could get over the hurt and give him back a good one I heard a unfamiliar, very angry voice saying "NO SHE IS NOT AND DON'T YOU DARE CALL HER THAT AGAIN..!!" .

HE

I usually was a very peace loving person but whenever I did get hot headed i just knew that i was the the worst company to be in and people around me were wise enough to keep their safe distances for their own sake but today while we were all playing "OPINIONS", when Rajat called Ashi Ice princess. I lost my cool and even before i realized I heard my voice bellowing," NO SHE IS NOT AND DON'T YOU DARE CALL HER THAT AGAIN..!!"

Everyone in the class turned around and was looking at me. I gave a death glare to Rajat and he acting smartly muttered something like a 'sorry' and backed off because he won't have i would have beated out an apology from him. I just hated whenever Ashi was referred to as Ice Princess because she was not and today when i saw the hurt in her eyes when Rajat called her that i just could not hold myself back.

Shubham knew me well and so he dragged me out of class before I could do anything stupid. After my anger left, realization walked in and I realized what I just did. I would not say I was regretful because i could not stand her being called names. Because she was mine and I was just protecting what was Mine. MINE..?? when did that happen. All I knew was that I can't let anyone hurt her.

After realizing what I did I got about what will Ashi think of me now she doesn't even know me. O god! why did Rajat has to loose his tongue. Its all his fault. She will think me to be a some road side romeo or worse- a psycho. Shubham kept on assuring me that nothing like that will happen and kept saying that,"Come on bro girls love such superman act.". His encouragement didn't help much but did a lot in increasing my irritation. i knew Ashi was not one of those girls who needed support of hid behind anyone and neither was she the one looking for superhero to save her. She was her own hero and while contemplating all the worst scenarios, I felt a tap on my shoulder I turned around and saw the most unexpected person saying the most unexpected thing- It was Ashi and she looked in my eye and said "thank you" and walked away, leaving me stunned.