Chapter 21- Truth Be Told

"There are Dark Shadows on Earth, but its lights are stronger in contrast"- Charles Dickens

****************************************

SHE

'WHY'

Why god why.....!!!

My trust was broken by the very person who explained me what was trust.....!!!!

I was lied upon by the person I trusted the most.......!!!

Every word I heard felt like a dagger in heart......!!!!

How could this be happening with me.....!!!!

How could he do that......!!!!

And the only thing I want to know is....

Why BHAI why.......!!!

Why did you do this to me...!!!!

'WHY'

FLASHBACK

It was just another day......after what happened between me and Shiven, I didn't like to have much of company to myself..... I started cutting myself out of my social life...... I never made friends easily before and after what happened it was nearly impossible for me to trust people and as my final exams were coming close I was a bit busy with it so I haven't seen Shrey Bhai since a week so I decided to go and meet him after my classes.

After my classes got over I went straight to bhai's house....i knew he was at home as I talked to my bua just before coming and she told me bhai was home so when I got there bua told me that bhai was in his room with Akash bhaiya so I went towards his room. When I was about to enter his room I heard Shiven's name and that froze me on my track.

'Why were they talking about him...??' I thought confused

I wanted to know why were they talking about him. So rather than going inside I stood there and decided to eavesdrop to their conversation. I could very clearly heAr Akash bhaiya and my brother were having some serious chat....

'What if she comes to know the truth...??' said Akash Bhaiya

Who were they talking about and what truth were they hiding and from whom...!!!

'She won't. Who will tell her. She will never believe that guy after what I told her and you will not betray me. So she will never know the truth.' replied my bhai calmly.

I was quite surprised when I heard bhai saying it. Bhai never lied. Who was he lying to and why...!!

'I don't know but I don't feel right lying to her, she trusted us and we are betraying her. That guy was innocent after all. He didn't do anything. I know you are just being protective but it just doesn't feel right hurting her.' said Akash Bhaiya

'I know I have lied to her and but was just protecting her. You know her she is sensitive and naïve......I just don't want her heart broken by some jerk and I saw her falling for that guy and I had no other option than to do this.' said bhai sounding upset.

Why does it sound like they were talking about me.....Please God please, please don't let it be me.

'I still think we should not have done it. I can see hurt in her eye and it make me feel guilty to know that I also the reason for her pain' said Akash Bhaiya

'you think I don't see all that, I have seen her grow in front of me, she is like my own child to me, I can feel her pain more than anyone can. I love my sister and what I did was for her own good. I know I lied when she trusted me the most but I did it because I didn't wanted to see her hurt. She will get over it, she is strong after all she is my baccha my brave ASHI'

FLASHBACK END

I didn't realize I was crying. But after bhai said that I felt numb and was too hurt to listen anything else so I ran away from there. I reached home and went straight to my room.

'Why bhai why...!!'

I could not believe my own ears. I was not ready to accept that I was lied to that to by the one person who I trust most in the world and that was my own brother. After the realization set in the only thing that came to my mind or the only word that echoed in my mind was

'Shiven'

'What have I done...!!'

'I did not believe him when he begged me to listen to him once'

'I didn't even give him a chance to explain him'

'I accused him for things that he never did'

'I called him a traitor when I was being stabbed by my own brother'

'I hurt him in every way I can and he didn't even say a word'

'He never betrayed me, it was I who betrayed him unknowingly'

'All he gave me was his unconditional and all I gave him for it was pain'

My heart was bleeding not just from the wounds I had from what I heard but from the fact the I was the reason behind all the pain 'Shiven' had to go through and the only question I kept asking to myself and to god was

'WHY'

Before I cried myself to sleep with the guilt of breaking his heart, with the guilt of not trusting me him when I should have, with the guilt of losing unconditional love, with the guilt of loosing him and with the pain of losing....

'Shiven'

*******************************************************************************************