Chapter 18-Trouble In Paradise

"Trust is like a mirror, you can fix it if it's broken, but you can still see the crack in the reflection." ― Lady Gaga

*************************************************

She

Its been four months since Shiven has professed his love to me and I had said yes, four months of pure bliss. After talking to Shiven that day I stopped doubting myself as being the momentarily dissapoinment in this relationship. He words that day assured me that we will find our way together in this lane of love and he will always be by my side and true to his words he was always there. In these four months I had started to have a liking for him. He was supportive, understanding, unconditionally loving......each day I found something new about him and it made me fall more for him, his charms were really working on me....he loved me with all he had and I tried to love him back as I was still guarded and was not ready to give in so easily as I knew that if it broke I will break with it but if this keep on going the way they are right now, the times are not far when I might just actually start loving him....he already was changing a lot in what I believed maybe he will be able to break the walls around me and actually help me escape my own prison which I had built for so long....... I use to keenly observe him and test him all the time and there has not been a chance when he did not make me proud of choosing him. He was not a man of many words but he was definitely a man of many worth's. He just understood me even with me not telling him what I want.....i wanted to take things slowly and he just took baby steps with me...... he was not jealous type he was just protective types and the best part about all this was he loved me for who I am not for what I was to the world, he looked beyond the covers I had been wearing for the world.....he loved me.

Things have been going great we even found a way to keep in touch when we were not together as my family was a bit too protective he could not call so we opted for text chatting...we kept chatting quite late at night and then we would just wish good night and go off to sleep with the thought of each other in our minds. My morning became beautiful with his 'good morning' messages.... He used to call me his princess and just called me that he treated me like one too. Things were great unless one day my brother saw me with him and he knew exactly that me and Shiven were not just friend.

My brother was one who was not just my role model but a lot more that just that. We didn't share the same parents he was my cousin but he was more like a father to me. My dad always out of station when I was young due his job and me, my mom and my sister use to live here for getting better education opportunity. I didn't have much of my dad in my life in first 13 years of my life he was either away for his job or whenever he was with us he had a huge social life to attend to.....not that my dad loved us any less, we were his life its just that he was a bit too much in his plate so his family and his kids had to wait a bit to be his soul focus. But my mother was always there with us. Dad had a huge social circle which I never liked since beginning as hated being around people who were so fake with there caked up faces. So since my childhood the only person that filled the absence of my dad was my brother Shrey.....he was not just a protective brother he was sometimes a father when I need it, he was friend and also my guide, he was my teacher and my role model he was not just a brother he was my guardian angel..... I never kept anything from him, I always told him everything. He was always there when I needed someone to be there, he was best brother any sister can ask for, I loved my brother.

So when he saw me that day with Shiven I knew he would confront me sooner or later and so when I reached home he asked me about him.....i was hesitant at first and didn't knew what to say but I also knew that I can't lie to him so I mustered up courage and told him the truth. He was not very happy with me dating but then in what world is any brother happy with their sister dating any guy so I understood his not so excited behavior towards my new found interest. But I brother being the best not just outrageously rejected the idea of me being with Shiven although he tried to talk me out of it and told me that he would hurt me but I told him that I trusted Shiven and he should give him a chance and after that he never really raised that topic. One sudden day my friend at school devanshi, she has been friends with me for a very long time his elder brother and my brother were good friends, she asked me out of blue

"Are you serious about Shiven?"

"why are asking that suddenly??" I asked her curiously for her sudden interest in my relationship

"nothing just wanted know ".

"I won't call it love as its too early but apart from that I am serious about him" I told her.

"are you sure you are making the right choice..!" she asked again

"Why, what's wrong" I asked.

"Nothing I just saw him really angry at some guy and it could be easily seen that he had some serious anger issues and as I know you, you hate people who are very hot headed so I just asked" she told me and walked away.

I knew Shiven could be a bit angry at times but that was normal even I was a bit shot tempered but I had never seen him grow aggressive with anything or anyone. I had always hated aggression all my life, it was the only thing that repelled people away for me the second I saw them. But Shiven was nothing like that he was always calm and peaceful when he was around me. But Aggression..........

Its been few days since Devanshi told me about it and after thinking about it for a while I decided to trust him and not doubt him as trust was basis of every relation and with that I threw away all the doubts. Things were back to normal when one day while I was coming back from my coaching classes to meet my brother as he lived near my coaching center I saw Akash Bhaiya(Devanshi's borther) taking to bhai......I went to them and greeted Akash Bhaiya

"Hi Bhaiya"

"Hi baccha" he replied, it was a weird habit of my brother and his friends of calling me 'baccha' and sometimes I didn't like it because it made me feel immature.

"Hum baccha nai hai bhaiya" (I'm not a kid)I told him with annoyance on my face.

And he just giggled he then said the he came here because he wanted to talk to me. I looked up at bhai, looking for a clue as what did Akash bhiya wanted to talk and he just shrugged so I asked him

"what is it bhaiya?"

"do you love this guy Shiven..??" he asked

"to early to say love but I definitely like him a lot" I said

"he is fooling you around", he said making me look at me shockingly

"why would you say that" I asked.

"because he doesn't love you" he replied

"and how do you know that" I questioned him

"you need to trust me baccha he is not the right guy for you" he said

"oh..!! so you are just being protective like bhai but trust me both of you he is a nice guy and won't hurt me, he loves me" I told both of them.

"oh...!! so you think he loves you" Akash bhaiya said.

"Yes" I replied

"well that a very funny way to show because you never bet on people you love" he said

"what...!!" I asked shockingly

"yes, you are just a bet to him which he made with his friends." He told me

Nothing seemed to make sense to me....it felt as if I was thrown down on concrete path from great height.

'A BET.....!!!'

********************************************************************************************

HEY EVERYONE I WILL BE COMPLETEING THIS STORY SOON SO PROBABLY WE WILL HAVE MORE FREQUENT UPDATES FROM NOW ON.