Chapter 30- Destiny's Game

"Strange things blow in through my window on the wings of the night wind and I don't worry about my destiny." -Carl Sandburg

**************************************************************************************

She

It's been 2 weeks since he is gone but it feels like I have been away from him since centuries.

I miss him in every moment of everyday in my life. This distance is suddenly scaring me more than I ever thought. We have not been able to talk much as he is really busy adjusting there but even after being busy like hell he does takes out time for me and calls me whenever he can. I can tell he is having a hard time adjusting there although he never complains about anything but then I know him like my own heartbeat so he doesn't need to say much, I understand.

He calls me every evening and just listening to his voice make me want to see him even more, like everyday since last two weeks I was waiting for his call but he didn't call.

'maybe he was busy' I needed to give him time to adjust there so I didn't call him back. The rest of the day went by without his call or message. So I messaged him later that night asking if he was fine...? But there was no reply..... tomorrow was my birthday and like every year I was waiting for him to wish me first but there was no message or call from him the entire day of my birthday.... I was upset and was starting to get really worried because he never forgot my birthday and neither did he ever ignored my messages or calls but today there was just no call or message from him and when I called him his number was switched off.

I was sitting on my couch after the day of my worst birthday and was thinking, no actually worring about Shiven when suddenly my cellphone rang, startling me. It was from an unknown number. I answered the call

'hello'

'hey princess', came the voice of the person I was dying to hear from

'Shiven...!!!' I asked surprised

'yes princess'

'where have you been? Do you have any idea how worried I was. I have been freaking out of my mind. Where were you?' I bombarded him with my questions

'easy princess..... I'm so sorry I got you worried, actually my cellphone was stolen and I had report about it and get my number blocked, I was so busy princess I really didn't get time to call you and there were so many people around also. I hope you understand' he explained to me.

'Its ohk....I understand....I was just worried....didn't mean to freak you out' I told him

'you don't need to be sorry....it feel really nice to know you care so much.....so what have you been doing since yesterday..?' he asked

'Apart from missing you on my birthday.....I went out with mom and dad and a few relatives for celebrating my birthday and then went out for shopping with shivi and then I ad shivi talked with each other until we dosed off' I filled him up about what I did yesterday.

A moment later I heard him cursing and I asked

'what happened'

'I hate myself so much' he said

'Why are you saying like that what happened?', I asked him again

'I'm so sorry princess for forgetting your birthday....I was so caught up with everything I'm really sorry love......I'm the worst boyfriend ever please forgive me' he blamed himself

'hey its ohk...I understand you were so caught up, I'm not upset with you and you are notthe worst boyfriend you are the best boyfriend one can have......I'm just happy you are fine......I'm not upset with you' , I told him felling the words from my heart. I knew he must have been really caught up by thing and it was not his fault he forget and neither did I give much shit about him remembering my birthday, I was just happy that he was fine.

'thank you so much princess I wish I could show you how much I miss you in everyday of my life......I love you so much princess' he said making my heart swoon

'I love you too and I miss you too' I said with the heart aching to see him.

Suddenly I heard someone calling him and I knew he had to go

'princess I have to go.....but before I go I want to say something......distances don't matter to what I feel for you, you're the reason of my existence and I might not be able to give you a lot of time I just want you to know that it's your face I see every day before I sleep and in my dreams and I'm so thankful to god for sending an angel like you in my life. I love you the most in the world Ashi. You are my everything and without you I'm nothing' he said with sincerity dripping from each word and making me fall in love with him all over again.

'I love you too and it's not you who is luck it's me who is luck to have you. You give meaning to my life.' I told him truthfully.

'I wish I could hold you in my arms' he said with longing in his voice.

'Soon' was all I could say and then I disconnected the call because I knew if I talked to him a minute more I would start crying and that would cause him more pain than it would to me.

Later that evening I and shivi were talking and I was telling her about my insecurity of being so far away from him and she said that I should not worry because if I and shiven were destined together then destiny will play its own trick against all odds and brings us together and before I tell her to stop talking bullshit, I received a message from a university I was looking for admission in. The message said that I have cleared my entrance exams and have been allotted seat there. They also sent me an attachment with the name of the college and city in which I have got admission. I opened the attachment and could not believe my eye. I got admission in the best college of that university which was in DELHI.

Was destiny really carving a path for me leading to Shiven.

*******************************************************************************************

I'm so sorry for updating late and not keeping my promise tomorrow.....enjoy the chapter.