Chapter 14

Chapter 14

~Lexi~

The dinner was actually quite lovely if you ask me but if you ask Noah he would say it was awkward. I would say that too but I'm only trying to be nice.

I munched on some chicken Mrs. Finley gave me and always kept a smile on my face.

The only thing about the dinner that I found was quite odd was the questions Mr. Finley asked me. Let me relive the moment for you.

We were all seated around the table eating in silence until the dreading questions started "So Lexi how long have you and Noah been dating for?"

I searched through my brain trying to remember when I met Noah "Umm I think about two weeks." I replied.

He nodded his head "Okay and how long have you been sleeping with him?"

What!? Why would I be asked such a thing!? "I would never, NEVER do that unless Noah is the key to the cure then obviously I would need to when we get married to have kids but like I said before me thinking Noah should be the cure has sailed! You heard me that ship has sailed!"I yelled.

Everyone looked at me especially Noah with a shocked expression.

I gasped covering my mouth quickly, I cannot believe I just said that out loud! "Um you know the cure to my heart! It's been hurt, hurt bad!" I said with a bit of a western accent.

Mr. Finley glared at me "Why with an accent-"

"Dad!" Noah blurted out glaring at him "Knock it off!"

Mr. Finley shrugged "Well she must be one of your sluts because the only thing you're interested in is going between girls legs."

I nearly choked on my water, this dinner has gone from fine to weird. "Umm actually sir-" I mumbled but Noah cut me off.

"You are such a hypocrite dad!" Noah yelled and I sank down in my seat.

Mrs. Finley sighed "That is quite enough boys! Now please let Lexi speak."

I smiled gratefully and answered "What I was trying to say is that I haven't slept with Noah I'm a virgin."

Mr. Finley scoffed "Please."

I furred my eyebrows at him "Excuse me? Are you saying I'm lying? Why would I lie about being a virgin most girls would love to say that they have slept with Noah and here I am telling you I haven't and you think I'm lying! You should be grateful!"

Mr. Finley was stunned and he sighed "Your right I'm sorry. Can we start the questions over?"

I smiled and nodded. He gave me really simple questions after that like "What's your favorite colour?"

I of course answered Red because coming from Venus that whole planet is red and my hair is red. The awesome thing is because I'm royal only my family on the woman's side can have my fire red hair so basically just me and my mom. If you live on Venus you can tell we are royal just from our hair.

I was now sitting outside in Noah's backyard silently waiting for him to come back with something called ice cream.

I looked up at the sky and smiled thinking of thought of home when I heard a voice call my name. I turned around and saw Noah coming back with a big bowl of the ice cream.

"Thinking about me naked are you?" He smirked sitting down next to me.

I simply rolled my eyes and took the spoon he was offering me and we both dug in.

Human food was defiantly growing on me it will be hard to leave this place now knowing I will be leaving a beautiful, luscious, delicious thing called ice cream.

Noah smiled at me "So how was meeting my parent's girlfriend?" He smirked.

I rolled my eyes "Fine except for those questions that your dad asked."

He nodded "Yeah those were a little extreme."

"What's up with you two? You guys seem distant from each other." I said, I was observant when it came to these things. I could tell something was up because of the fight between Noah and Mr. Finley.

Noah sighed "My dad and I we used to be close but stuff went down between me and my last real girlfriend. I went kind of crazy and started sleeping around, being the player as I'm called at school. My dad hates me for treating girls this way and I guess we sort of drifted away because of that."

"Oh." Was all I said, I couldn't think of anything else to say I was speechless.

Noah smiled "So what about you? Got anything about your family that you wanna tell me?"

I shook my head "I'm not very good at stories."

Noah nudged me "C'mon Lexi I just told you a big thing about me now it's your turn to return the favor."

I sighed "Alright, back home we sort of have this tradition that when you're born you parents find you someone to marry you."

"Arranged marriage?" Noah asked raising an eyebrow.

I nodded "Exactly. Well I was arranged to marry a guy named Prin- I mean Aaron, his name is Aaron. Before I left home I met Aaron and that was when we got engaged."

Noah's eyes widened "Wait so you're engaged!"

"No, no! I mean yes I mean urg! Yes I am engaged but I don't really count it I mean I met him for the first time the day we got engaged."

"Oh." Noah nodded. I sighed why am I even telling him this!? "Is that why you ran away you don't want to get married to this Aaron dude? You said it was because you couldn't deal with the fancy parties and dressing up but is this Aaron guy situation the real reason?"

I sighed and nodded my head "That's part of the reason. When I turn 18 which is coming up in a few weeks, February 6th I'm suppose to marry Aaron."

"So you ran from home?" Noah asked.

"Not exactly you see for some reason every time someone on my plan- I mean in my family marries their parents um have to move far away! Don't ask why it's just part of the tradition!"

Noah nodded awkwardly and I sighed "The problem with that is I have a little brother, Daniel and if my parent's move once I get married he will never have any memory of them or anything."

Noah gave me a confused look "Why can't your parents just take Daniel with them?"

I sighed "That's the thing they can't, I didn't know why though."

"Weird family you got there." Noah mumbled I chuckled before thinking 'You have no idea Noah.'

"I guess they are pretty weird." I mumbled.

Noah nodded and I sighed thinking 'Should I tell Noah the truth?' "Um Noah I have something to tell you."

He nodded "Okay."

I sighed "I'm not from Ear-"

I almost got to say it when his mother came out "Noah there is um someone at the door for you."

Noah nodded "I'll come out in-"

I cut him off "No you go it's not really important."

He looked at me "You sure?"

I sighed and nodded my head. Noah stood up and walked back inside.

I sighed to myself looking back up at the sky, I whispered "I miss you guys."