Chapter 38

Chapter 38         

~Noah~

“Lexi you haven’t spoken to me ever since I asked you if you wanted to come with me to see more of New York.”  I spoke turning left.

Lexi looked like she was in the clouds because she didn’t respond. She was just staring at me and wasn’t speaking. I sighed “Babe I know I’m quite the sight to look at but too much staring starts to get creepy.”

She snapped out of it instantly, a scowl forming on her face “I wasn’t staring.”

I smirked “Your eyes were all over me babe.”

Lexi glared at me “Don’t call me babe.”

I looked at her “Why not? I kind of fancy that pet name.”

“Because babe means baby and a baby is a child, am I your child Noah? I think not.” Lexi replied sassily.

I didn’t respond to that, my playful mood was drained out. Was this how it was going to be from now on? Someone mentions baby and my mood goes away instantly?

Lexi looked out the window and smiled “So where exactly are we going first?”

“The heart of New York. We’re going to New York City baby!” I smirked “You’ve only seen the town part, you haven’t seen the actually city. The town part is much quieter than the city part, traffic, taxi’s and lots of people. I hope you aren’t afraid of crowds.”

She shook her head “Nope, I’ve grown quite comfortable with crowds. My parents used to have many parties with lots of people.”

“Like inviting family or friends?” I asked curiously.

She looked at me and I could tell she forced out a smile “Something like that.”

I wanted to ask her what she meant by that but I couldn’t bring it in me to ask. I was too distracted at the fact that right where the red light made us stop just right across the street was the medical center that Sammy used to stay in.

“Is something wrong?” Lexi asked me. My eyes finally broke away from the sight of the hospital as I met her hazel eyes.

“I’m fine.” I sighed pressing on the gas pedal and making us move forward. I sucked in a breath when we passed by the medical center and let it out once we passed it.

Lexi placed her hand on my thigh “Why were you staring at the hospital?”

Normally I would have said something rude to her to make her hate me and forget about what she asked but not this time. I really needed to think before I talked so I didn’t upset Lexi this time. I’ve messed up so many times with her and she’s forgiven me I don’t want to add another mess up to the list.

“It’s nothing.” I mumbled, it was the simplest answer I could come up with and I wished and prayed she wouldn’t push it.

She smiled “I’m here if you want to talk about it.”

“Okay.” I smiled back even though that would never happen.

Sammy was in the past, a past I wasn’t ready to talk about or confront.

~Lexi~

All I could really focus on during the car ride was the fact that Primaria contacted me. I had to go home before the New Year came, that means my search for the cure would have to end before the end of December.

We were in December right now!

How was I going to find my cure when the month was ending shortly? I mean Christmas was Monday which was the 25th; I only had a limited time left. I considered tell Noah about the cure soon but now I felt pressured to do it even more now.