Chapter 39

Chapter 39

~The next day, Lexi~

Just one more day until Hannah’s party…

That was the first thing I thought of when I woke up. I opened my eyes and sat up before yawning, it turns out I was pretty much trapped in the bundle of my blanket and ended up falling out of the bed.

I groaned when I heard a voice laughing at me “How unlady like.” They laughed “Do you usually wake up like that?”

“Shut up Noah.” I murmured tackling the blanket and shoving it off of me. I looked up and saw Noah’s hand in my face, I’m sure it would have been a nice gesture if it wasn’t for the fact that he was laughing his jumpers off.

I grabbed his arms and grumbled to myself. “Come on now Princess.” Noah chuckled “We have school today.”

My face lit up at the mention that Noah was no longer suspended “Oh my gosh! That’s right, Noah you’re coming back to school!” My smile soon faded at the realization “But that means Kevin is-“

“Coming back to school to. I know Lexi but don’t worry I’ll be with you every step of the way.” Noah assured me.

I smiled at him “Thank you; now leave my room I have to change.”

Noah walked closer towards me, his breath now fanning my face “What if I wanna see you change?” He spoke huskily.

I pushed him back a few steps before blushing, he always knew how to do that to me.

Noah chuckled before he left my room, I was glad things were back to normal now.

---

“Are you ready for school Noah?”

He gave me an annoyed sighed “Lexi you’ve asked me that three times already, the answer remains the same, yes I’m fine.”

It looks like I’m a bit more nervous for school then Noah is because I seem to clench onto his knee tightly as we pull up.

We had a fairly good morning at the Finley’s house, Mrs. Finley made us breakfast on the go and Mr. Finley wasn’t as mean to me anymore. I think he’s finally softening up. Noah and I had to leave the house right away, and mean right after I changed because we were late.

And now here we are in front of the school, me freaking out while Noah casual leaves the car with his schoolbag, I don’t understand how he can just do that? I mean facing everybody again? People will gossip, Hannah will be there, Riley will be there, Kevin is back, Gabriella and Spencer will be there, how can Noah be so-so-so calm?

I was freaking out because Kevin was back and I’m pretty sure the last time I saw him he was trying to take my underwear off…

I don’t have the best memories of Kevin and the fact that I thought he could be my cure for even a second sickens me to the bone. Kevin and I didn’t even know each other that well before he tried to besmooch me.

I was so distracted I didn’t realize I was still sitting in Noah’s car and he was right by the entrance doors now. I scrambled out of the car before running over to Noah like a man-lady screaming “WAIT FOR ME!”

Noah raised an eyebrow when I reached him painting and huffing for air. He chuckled “Come on Lex.” When we walked inside the school I was shocked that everyone and I mean everyone was still in the hallways.

I thought we had been late?

“I thought we were late?” I whispered to Noah once everyone and I mean everyone turned our way and became silent. We’re people just like you! No need to stare!