Chapter 31

Chapter 31

~Lexi~

Jacob kissed me deeply, he wrapped his arms around my waist. I was too confused to do anything so I just kissed him back.

Kissing him was all I could think of to get his attention because obviously bugging him by poking him and yelling his name and staring at him while he makes out with another girl wasn’t doing anything.

I heard a scoff coming from the girl I had pushed down on the ground. Jacob pulled away later and just stared at me, I gave him a sheepish smile before I blushed a deep shade of red. The girl he was originally kissing tapped him on the shoulder.

“Are you going to let that little slut get away with pushing me away from you and kissing you?” She whined.

Jacob turned around covering me from her sight. He gave her an annoyed look “Claire just do yourself a favor and go take a walk.”

The girl named Claire stomped her foot on the ground like a little girl “Jake! You can’t choose her over me!”

Jacob scoffed “You’re a good screw Claire but that’s all you are.” I had to resist the urge to laugh when I heard her gasp and stomp off.

Once she was gone Jacob turned around with a raised eyebrow “Was that kiss necessary?”

I rolled my eyes “You were so asking for it, you wouldn’t listen to me when I was calling you. I had to try something.” I shrugged acting like the kiss never affected me when really it did.

What if Noah never talks to me again if he finds out? He’ll think I wanted to get him back for the prank and he’ll never want to see me again! He’ll kick me out of his house! Oh my gosh what have I done!?

“Yo Lexi!” Jacob yelled snapping me out of my thoughts “Did you think about how Noah would feel if he knew we kissed?”

I knew it, guys always go by the bro code, but Noah doesn’t like me that way, sadly. I found that out this morning, if Noah really cared he wouldn’t have played such a mean joke on me. “We don’t have to tell him. Besides it was total misunderstanding.”

Jacob nodded agreeing “Alright if you say so. Anyways ready to go?”

I nodded and Jacob and I both left the school and got into his car. It was time to get my keys back. I quickly pulled on my grandmother get up while Jacob put on his grandfather get up. We were going to be posing as an elderly couple, so once we ask for my specific room they won’t refuse, who can refuse the elderly?

“Alright check out my elderly grandma voice.” I told Jacob, he nodded telling me to speak. I took a deep breath before I spoke “Aye sonny boy would you mind giving my feet a good rub?”

Jacob started laughing at that and I soon joined in. “Was it good?” I asked still laughing a bit.

“It was great, now it’s time for my grandpa voice.” Jacob cleared his throat before he spoke "I never buy green bananas. I never know if I'll be around to eat them when they ripen."

I gasped “Well that’s kind of sad.” Talk about death and stuff really hit my heart sometimes since I’ve never met my grandparents and I won’t ever get to.

Jacob chuckled “My granddad says that all the time, hey were here.” He said pointing to the hotel. I took a deep breath. I hope this works; this plan is my only hope. If that big man and Rebecca recognize me I’m screwed.

“Hold my hand so we really look like an old couple, and hunch your back a bit so it looks like I’m helping you.” Jacob explained taking my hand in his. I nodded my head hunching down a bit, Jacob took the cane he had for his costume and started guiding us towards the building.