Chapter 44

Chapter 44

~The next day, Noah~

Freaking birds and their damn chirping.

Seriously can they please make a damn muzzle for these ignorant creatures? I groaned rubbing my head, I barely slept last night firstly because it’s not comfortable sleeping on a bean bag chair up in a tree house and secondly because I had way too much on my damn mind.

I honestly got a freaking headache from all of the thinking. I just wanted to forget about everything so I did the stupidest thing I could have ever done, I got myself drunk on beer that had been up here in the tree house for who knows how goddamn long.

I rubbed my throbbing head slightly before I groaned when my phone buzzed in my pocket. I looked down at the clock on my phone and let out a frustrated grunt when I realized I had just managed to sleep right into the afternoon.

I unlocked my phone only to have it open up to a new text from Riley, what could she possibly want right now?

Riley: Noah I’m at the hospital for the DNA test, when are you coming?

Crap, right Riley was going to do the DNA test today so that I could find out for sure whether that kid she’s carrying is mine. My fingers quickly slid across the keypad typing my reply.

Me: Now. I’ll be there shortly.

I quickly scampered down the ladder, well more like dropped. I groaned and got myself up off the ground before I started walking out of the forest and towards my car. Don’t judge me for acting this way, I’m a hung-over teenager.

Once I reached my car I pulled open the door and got in as fast as I could. As soon as I turn on the engine on my car my damn cell phone started ringing. I groaned when I saw the caller ID, it was my mother. She was surely going to be pissed considering I didn’t go home last night and also the fact that I promised I would tell her where I would be going from now on.

I could just ignore and deal with her wrath later but that would only make things worse so unfortunately my thumb pressed the green answer button.

As soon as I pressed the phone to my ear I winced, my mother was yelling, should have expected this. “Noah Lucas Finley! Where the hell are you!? You do not understand how many times I have tried to reach you! You better not be in some bed with a random girl or Noah Luca so help me god I will-“

I cut her off quickly “I’m fine ma, and I’m not with some girl I’m alone. I just spent the night in the tree house that’s all I promise.”

“You should have called!” She yelled “I’ve been worried sick! You almost gave me a heart attack Lucas!”

I sighed “I know, I know and I’m sorry. I promise it won’t ever happen again.”

I could hear my mother’s breathing calm down slightly before her voice spoke again only this time much, much softer “You’re alone?”

“Yeah why?” I asked curiously.

She took a deep breath “Lexi didn’t come home last night either; I thought she would be with you.”

My eyes widened “No she’s not with me, I don’t know where she could be. Last I know she was with Jacob.” I lied; I didn’t want my mom to worry.

“Alright.” She sighed “I’m sure she’ll turn up soon.” We both said quick goodbyes before we hung up.

I had to admit this was my fault. I was the one that had left Lexi, again and I was the one that wouldn’t listen to her. As much as I wanted to go look for Lexi and tell her sorry about the way I acted and for the fact that I can never feel the same way about her I had bigger problems.