Chapter 42

Chapter 42

~Noah~

"Lexi where are you taking me?" I asked following her lead. She had made me drive her all the way back to the place we first met, I was slightly confused because I had no idea what the hell was going on. "You made me drive us all the way here you might as well tell me what's up."

She sighed pulled my hand along "Just relax I just want to show you something. It's right through here." Lexi mumbled pointing straight ahead.

I followed her straight into a field, there was nothing there so I was even more confused when she made us stop "There is nothing here." I told her looking around, was I missing something?

Lexi giggled "That's because you can't see it. It's invisible." She mumbled searching through her purse for something. I have now come to the conclusion that she was going crazy, I mean maybe she just pulled me all the way out here to take me away from the party because she was scared? Who knows?

Lexi pulled out a piece of paper and handed it to me "It's my Science test I got back yesterday. You were right; I got the question about life being on Venus wrong."

I smirked at her "Did you pull me all the way out here because you didn't want to face the embarrassment of being wrong?"

She shook her head "No, actually I may have been wrong on the test but I wasn't kidding when I told you there was life on Venus."

Here we go again...

"Lex if there was life on Venus don't you think humans would know?" I asked.

She shook her head "No you wouldn't you all just assume. I've read the textbooks in class and everything is wrong."

"Lexi those books are written by scientists, they are professionals, they've studied this stuff for years. The textbooks can't be wrong." I was trying to explain to her, help her change her mind but Lexi was stubborn.

Lexi took a deep breath "Well those scientists are wrong. Life exists up there and I can prove it to you."

"How?" I asked folding my arms and standing up straight.

Lexi smiled "Noah I haven't been completely honest with you, in fact I've been keeping a really big secret from you. But now no more secrets, I'm going to tell you the truth."

She grabbed a pair of keys from inside her purse and clicked a button. Soon in front of the big blank field popped up a big spaceship, it was like it was always there and you just couldn't see it.

"Noah." Lexi spoke up "I'm not from Canada, nor am I even from Earth. I'm from Planet Venus."

~Lexi~

I finally said it, I told Noah...

All was silent around us, the silence was killing me. I wanted to know what he thought, if he believed me, I needed to know.

"That's impossible." Noah mumbled.

"No it's not." I sighed "I'm here aren't I? If it was impossible I wouldn't be here." I showed Noah my fingernails "They change depending by my mood." I mumbled we both watched as it changed from happy to nervous. "My toenails do the same; it's like that for all females on Venus the males have their eyes change colours."

"That could be one of those mood change nail polishes." He mumbled.

I shook my head "It's not Noah."

Noah shook his head "No that can't be possible, there can't be life on Venus. Venus is the hottest planet in the solar system because it's so close to the sun. Venus has a very thick atmosphere of CO2, which adds incredible pressure, and traps in the heat, its way too hot for anyone to live on and the pressure on the planet is intense. The pressure is like being a kilometer underneath the ocean. The atmosphere is practically wrapped in a blanket of carbon dioxide which would kill anyone. There have been many spaceships that have visited Venus and didn't survive for that long because of the heat and pressure. It's impossible Lexi."

~CURE~On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara