Chapter 1

A/N: So as I said before I'm going to be rewriting/editing the chapters I've already published, and here is the beginning of all that. With the start of a new season and the end of my hiatus I really want to give this story a fresh start, to actually take some time, to let you all understand the characters better, and to just give you guys a better story all around. :) (I also may be taking some of the previous chapters down over time, but I want to start working on the new ones before I get too far ahead of myself.) Thank you again for staying with me through all of this, I don't think I can tell you just how much it means to me.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

"Alright, class, take out your notes and turn to page 239 of your textbooks." My nasally voiced teacher says with a bored sigh, and I find myself already zoning out. My thoughts wander for a bit before they start coming up with a song, and before I realize it I'm tapping my foot to my imaginary beat and writing down lyrics in my notebook.

"Miss Parker, your attention, please." Ms. James shouts from the front of the room, her harsh gaze fixated on me.

I can't help but shiver under her gaze as I reply, "Yes, ma'am." She doesn't look convinced, but continues on with her lesson anyways. I mentally groan as I shrink back into my seat, this is the only class period I have without any of my friends. They all got to take Mrs. Cartwright's class, and I had the horrendous luck of being in Ms. James's, who isn't exactly known for her riveting presentation of the material or her cheery attitude. This would be an impossible reputation, seeing as how she has lacks both of these 'good teacher qualities.'

The minutes drag by and as it does I convince myself listening to an hour of nails scratching a chalkboard would be preferred to listening to Ms. James's voice. I swear, she has time slowing technology hidden in these walls, because it's almost stopped in here. The bell rings and everyone, myself included, makes a run for the door each of us sighing in relief when we reach the cramped hallway. I take a deep breath. "One more hour that I'm free at last." I tell myself as I manipulate my way through the sea of people.

"ANDY! WAIT UP!" A voice rings through the packed school hallway, as a head of bright red hair bobs up and down.

"Hey, Skylar." I say as my best friend catches up to me, almost panting for breath. "You okay? You seem a little bit worn down, I thought with all the drumming you do you'd be able to make it through the school hallways without running out of breath." I say jokingly, which earn me a glare.

"I'm short! It takes more work for me to make it through the herd of giants, plus you practically run wherever you go." Sky tells me as a matter of fact.

"I do not 'practically run wherever I go'!" I try to argue back. Sky doesn't reply, just raises an eyebrow and keeps walking. I know it's no use arguing with her so I catch up with her and change the subject. "Whatever, where are the guys?"

"Mrs. Cartwright wanted to talk to them, I'm pretty sure it's just to lecture them about having a paper-wad basketball competition during class." I laugh and roll my eyes, they can be real idiots some times. "They told me it would probably be only a few minutes, and they'll catch up to us at study hall."

"Alright, let me just stop by my locker and we can head over." I tell Skylar, who nods as we turn down yet another hallway, stopping at my locker. I start to spin my combination in as Skylar leans against the lockers to wait for me. I quickly toss my books in, leaving the ones I don't need and shoving the rest into my backpack, which I toss over my shoulder and we head off to our next period. As we walk I can't help but notice an extra bounce in Skylar's step. "What's got you in such a good mood?" I question as she begins to hum.

"What do you mean?" She asks playing dumb. I return the same raised eyebrow look she gave me earlier as we walk. "I'll tell you once the guys get here. Let's just get to class before we're late." I sigh, nodding as we pick up our pace to the library.