Chapter 12

Recap:

We arrive at the mall, parking the car relatively close to the entrance. I walk inside with the boys, and the insanity begins. Being pulled along to various stores, and quite literally having to babysit four teenage boys. I swear in the two hours that we've been here, I've said no to more times than I've ever had to before. The reason why? These boys just want to buy random junk, instead of what they need and the stuff we actually came here for. I'm not kidding here are some of the scenes that I've experienced throughout today. Luke coming up to me out of nowhere, almost scaring the living daylights out of me because he was so quiet. What had he almost killed me to ask about? If he could buy the TNMNT backpack from Hot Topic. Calum wanted an 'authentic Mexican poncho.' Michael asked me about getting a samurai sword. Then they all dragged me (quite literally) into Toys-R-Us and practically begged me to get water guns, and those are only a few of the scenarios. I snap back into the present checking my phone as I wait for the boys to finish up. "Hey, Andy! Can we get this?" Ashton shouts as he runs up to me with a toy lightsaber in his hand. Yes, I now know all of the boy's names due to me having to say no to them so much.

I just give him a look of all my current emotions. "Look at my face. It should give you the only answer you've gotten to that question all day."

"So is that a maybe?"

"No. The answer is still no."

"Hey, Ashton. Could you tell the others that if they have everything they need, we should probably get going. It's almost six as is."

Ashton just nods and runs off to go gather up the others, who I occasionally see riding children's bikes. A part of me wishes they were my friends, if they were I would definitely be over there with them, but instead, they're just four people I barely know. I just stand near the entrance, leaning up against the wall completely wiped out. Ten minutes later the guys finally meet me at the entrance, carrying multiple bags from stores that didn't have the things they needed, and honestly it's been too long of a day to care. "Alright, you guys are here. Let's go."

Out to the van and back to the house. "Mason, Bianca, we're back!" I shout as we into the house.

"You guys we're out a while. Did you have fun?" Mason says as he sees us walking in. The boys all reply with a chorus of 'yeah's' and 'totally'. I just give Mason a look telling him to not push the subject right now. "Anyone want to watch a movie after dinner."

"Sure. I call getting to pick!" I shout before walking out of the room, smirking at everyone's shocked reactions.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\/\\//\\

We all sit crowded in front of the den's large screen. I laugh as I put the movie on and they all exchange worried looks. "Why won't you just tell us what it is?" Mason asks me, as he sits down between the guys with a bowl of fresh popcorn. 

"Because that would ruin the fun of it all." I tell them with a devilish smile, knowing that Mason is likely compiling a list of horror movies that he thinks I would put on. "Don't forget, you guys agreed to watch the whole thing through." They all nod miserably. I sit down on the small couch next to Luke, who awkwardly shuffles over to make more room. "You're fine. It's not like I'm going to bite or anything." I tell him with a laugh, which he returns as he returns to how he originally was. The disc begins to play, and I pull out my phone to snapchat Skylar about it, captioning the video, "Putting our old prank movie to good use."

The confusion that follows through the next hour and a half is hilarious. Especially because only Luke seems to get that the movie has been spliced to be a mix between horror and rom-com. Skylar and I got bored one night and made it so that the rom-com plays most of the time, and during the cutest moments, it cuts to a jump scene from the horror. The best part of it all is watching the guys get into the romantic story-line only to miss the best moment, jumping instead and blaming it on a tv glitch.