Chapter 6

I wake up with a feeling of impending doom. "Finals Day." I say to myself as I get out of bed and go through my usual routine with a pile of review sheets in hand. I go through the morning in a blur my head filled up with so many dates, terms, and various notes being crammed into my memory.

After the last exam, we all walk out the room, I don't pay attention to what is being said, that is until someone nudges me. "What about you? What are your summer plans? I'm heading to the Hamptons over summer. Which reminds me, my parents said you guys are welcome to come with us." Skylar says, a smile on her face at her summer prospects.

My stomach knots as I remember our band was supposed to play the benefit concert. "Sorry, Skylar. I can't come... Let's just say I had an unexpected change of plans, and now I'll be in LA working all summer..." I quietly say not removing my gaze from the floor.

Luke's face goes from confusion to realization once I said 'LA.' He apparently decided to voice his thoughts, because he spoke up saying, "Doesn't your dad live in LA?" I just timidly nod, "So you're working for him? As an unknown part of the deal I assume?"

"Pretty much... I also should tell you I leave Monday..." my words leave an almost awkward silence in the air.

"But you'll be back in time to play for the benefit, right?" Skylar asks with a worried look.

"I'm really sorry, Skye. But I can't, if I want to keep up my end of the deal I have to stay with him until the very end of summer. I really wish I could come, but you guys will have to play without me."

"It's alright. We will work it out, but there's no way we're playing without you, I think speak for everyone for that." Every one nods they're head in agreement. "And we can't blame you for not telling us, we all got so stressed out with exams, it's understandable why you didn't say something sooner." Matt tells me placing a comforting hand on my shoulder. I give him a small smile in return.

"Oh! Stop with all this gloominess! Let's celebrate the beginning of summer! I vote for pizza!" Damian says, trying to cheer everyone up. Well it works, for soon enough, we all end up laughing in a small pizza parlor. I know one thing for sure, no matter what happens at the end of the summer, I'll always have these goofs as my best friends.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

I lay in bed, fully dressed, but refusing to move and admit the fact that I actually have to start packing. Well, refusing to admit that any of this is happening, really.

"Andy, are you getting any packing done?" I can hear my mom yell from downstairs.

I freeze, looking at my empty luggage, and yelling back. "Um... Yeah, I'm getting a ton of packing done."

"I suggest you get started, you have to leave tomorrow afternoon, and you can't go leave with no luggage packed."

I sigh, getting up, walking to my closet, grabbing random bits of clothing, and dumping them into my suitcase. Luckily, I'm not much of a fashionista, I live for my band tees and jeans, which means everything is pretty interchangeable, but I make sure to grab some 'nicer clothes' for work, just in case I need them. I walk over to my suitcase, and start to sort and organize all my stuff.

I pause for a second, feeling like something is missing. Then it dawns on me, I forgot to put on music. I grab my phone of my bed and shuffle my music. I start to nod along to the beat of the music, getting everything done at a much faster pace now that I have something to distract me from the silence. Music and I make such a good pair, it gets rid of the silence, and I become a lot more productive. I grab a few more things that I'll be needing, making a mental checklist to be sure I didn't forget anything, before I zip up my bags and lean them against the wall.