Chapter 26

"I can't believe you two got yourselves sick." Ashton says ruefully as he hands Luke and I each some medicine and tea.

"How did you even manage to get caught in the rain?" Mason asks us and hands me one of his sweatshirts.

I turn to Luke, nearly laughing at his guilty expression. "Someone thought it would be a good idea to take a 'shortcut' through the park. We got caught in the rain, and now we're sick."

Mason just shakes his head for a moment. "Well, I'm going to take the others to the studio. Do me a favor, Andy. Don't give Luke a hard time. I remember how rambunctious and different you can be on cold medicine."

"Shut up, Mason." I roll my eyes at him as I wrap myself in the blanket and his sweatshirt. The cold medicine only takes a few minutes to kick in after they leave, and my mind starts becoming fuzzy around the edges.

"Wanna watch a movie?" Luke asks after a few minutes of silence. I quickly reply, and we both start laughing at how ridiculous we sound.

"What are we watching?" I ask him as he grabs the remote, flipping through Netflix.

"Ever seen How I Met Your Mother?" He asks me, pausing over the title of the show.

"Nope."

"What? It's one of my favorites." He tells me as he looks at me with mock terror. "It's decided then. I'm making you watch it."

"Fine with me." I shrug in reply and lean into the couch cushions--simultaneously leaning into Luke.

I giggle--something I would never do without the stupid, cold medicine--when Luke tenses up. "Andy, w-what are you doing? Are you feeling okay?" He stutters clearly nervous and wondering why I'm being so cuddly and out of character.

"Cuddling with you, obviously." I tell him, falling into another fit of giggles.

"Is this part of what happens when you're on cold medicine?" I just shrug in reply as I continue to giggle. Luke just laughs along with me, shaking his head as he gently wraps an arm around my waist.

A few episodes in, Luke and I are talking and laughing about the show. My head is resting on Luke's chest, with my arm draped over his torso. I keep catching myself almost drifting off to sleep as his hand rests over mine, gently tracing patterns into my hand.

"That tickles." I make the mistake of telling him as his fingertips gently brush my hand.

"Oh. So you're ticklish, huh?" Luke asks with a devious smirk on his face. I shout as I try to run away, but he quickly catches up to me, picking me up with ease as he puts me on the couch and starts tickling my sides.

"Stop! Please, I can't breathe!" I manage to yell at him in between laughter, but he just continues to laugh and tickle my sides.

"Only if you admit defeat." He teases.

"Never give up, never surrender." I shout back with the obscure movie reference. When he stops for a moment to give me another chance to give up, I take the opportunity to enact my revenge on the blond giant.

"Nooo." He shouts, as he tries to stop me, but I just laugh maniacally as I run away. "You can't hide forever." Luke calls as he tries to chase after me, which starts the three-hour game of hide and seek. Each time one of us finds the other we run around chasing the other until we manage to hide once again. I giggle to myself as I bury myself under the massive lump of blankets and pillows on the couch to hide from Luke. I can barely see him through a tiny gap of the blankets as he rushes in, clearly out of breath as he looks around for me. "Dang, she's fast." He laughs to himself as he shakes his head.