Chapter 22

We both sat in silence for nearly an hour avoiding eye contact. The whole time we know exactly why we're stuck out here and what the other isn't saying, but neither of us will speak first. I can't speak for Luke, but I can't seem to speak. Every time I try to, my throat tightens up, and nothing comes out. I shiver at the cold breeze, and I feel a warm blanket being wrapped around my shoulders. "Okay, we really should just get this out in the open. I highly doubt you want tot be out here all night long."

"Yeah, even though it would be interesting to say the least." I tell him with a small laugh in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, interesting." He mumbles sitting down across from me and nervously taps his foot. "Okay, here it goes. Andy, I like you--as more than just a friend. I have for a while now. Although, I will admit that I've had a small crush on you since we met. I just didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to mess up our friendship, and I was worried you wouldn't feel the same way." He rambles on, and I talk over him to get him to stop.

"Luke. Luke!" I pause for a moment to make sure he's not going to keep going. "I like you too, but I didn't realize it until we had that conversation after the dare. Well, technically, not until a couple days ago. It's part of the reason I was avoiding you, and why Michael stuck us out here. I told him everything at the beach earlier today."

"Really?" Luke questions looking genuinely shocked.

"What? Did you not think I liked you back or something?"

"Actually, yeah. I thought you were just being my friend, I didn't think you would ever like me back." He says as a dorky smile crosses his face. "You like me back." He starts laughing and shaking his head. His smile never falters for a single moment. "So--do you want to go out sometime?" I bite my lip, wondering if I'm ready to go into a relationship. Luke must have sensed my apprehension because he starts rambling again. "We don't have to if you don't want to. I know this has to be a lot, especially with everything that's happened recently."

I start laughing at how nervous he's getting, and he stops waiting for my answer. "Yeah, I would love to go out with you sometime."

"Okay. Awesome." He stutters out as the smile creeps back across his face. We sit in silence for a minute, both of us smiling as we process what just happened.

"We probably should have the guys let us back inside now." I tell him as I pull out my phone to text them. "Crap. My phone died." I complain and ask Luke if he has his.

"No, I left it in my room before they dragged me out here." He says looking worried at the idea of being stuck out here. "Maybe we could try knocking?" We both walk over to the glass doors, knocking and calling to the guys, but we get no response.

"How long did were they planning on leaving us out here?" I question, knocking on the door and shouting at the guys. "Well, they obviously can't hear us right now. I guess, we'll have to try later." I sit down in one of the reclining chairs with a sigh. "At least we have a nice view for now." I tell Luke as he takes the seat next to me.

"Mhm." He hums in reply, and I notice him shivering when the breeze picks up again.

"Are you cold?" I ask him.

"No, I'm fine." He says, but another shiver gives him away.

"Come on. We can share the blanket, since they never gave us a second one." I say, holding the blanket up and scooting over in my chair. "I'm sure it was all part of their plan, knowing them."

"It probably was." He laughs, but he pauses, refusing to move. "Are you sure you don't mind sharing?"

"I'm positive, Luke. I don't want you freezing because of me." I tell him as I lift up the blanket and tap the spot next to me. "Come on, it's not like I'm going to kill you." I joke with him as he sits down. Eventually, once Luke gets past his nerves, he wraps an arm around my shoulder. "Hey, Luke."