Chapter 7

Recap:

30 minutes later and Skylar informs me she's almost finished. I have no idea what to be expected, all I know for sure is that my hair is styled, and my makeup is what Skylar keeps calling an 'adorable punk' look. "How much longer, Skye?" I ask, sounding like a whining child.

"You'll be done in a second if you quite squirming." Skylar tells me lifting my chin back up as she brushes the last bit of makeup on my face. "There. You're finished." She says with a proud smile and hands me a mirror.

I take the mirror and smile in awe. The blue in my hair looks even better than I had expected, the shades flawless blending into one another. As for the makeup, Skylar definitely did phenomenally, and now I understand what she meant as adorable punk. The makeup has a punk look but not daunting. "So, what do you think?" Skylar asks.

"I love it. Thank you, Skye." I tell her with a hug. "And thank you too, Mom, for letting Skylar do all of this."

"Of course, darling." My mom says pulling me into a hug. "But you have to do me a favor."

I pull out of the hug with a puzzled look on my face. "What?"

"You have to tell me how your dad reacts to the blue hair." She says with a smirk, and we both end up laughing. "But also, make sure he doesn't push you around too much. I know this summer is going to be tough, but I want you to promise me you won't let him get you down. Deal or no deal, I want to have the same Andy I've always known back."

"Yes, ma'am. I'll make sure." I respond, my voice just above a whisper.

"Good. Now, c'mon, you two. Let's go eat a bunch of junk food and have a movie marathon." She says with a smile.

"Yes!" Skylar and I say simultaneously fist bumping. We spent the rest of the night like that, sitting on the couch, eating junk food, and watching random chick-flicks, and I can honestly say, there's no other way that I would want to spend my last night before leaving.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

"AAANNDDYYY!" Someone shouts right next to my ear, drawing every syllable out, and unfortunately for them, my reflexes kicked in. My fist swings out, and I hear them yell in surprise. "Why do I always forget that she has the worst reflex. Well, more like the most painful reflex."

"Hey, at least you remembered to doge it this time." Another voice chips in with a sarcastic cheer. "And did you ever think to try waking her up without yelling in her ear?" 

The first voice returns with, "Yeah, but it's not as much fun that way. Fine." There's a pause, and I can feel someone gently shake my shoulder. "Andy, wake up."

I groan in reply and pull the covers farther up over my head. "No. You are not going to just lay there and ignore me." The first voice says sounding upset. "You better get up or I'm calling Skylar to do it."

I sigh, sitting up and glaring at Luke. "There's no need for drastic measures. I'm up."

"Good. I knew that would work." Luke said gloating to Danny, who rolls her eyes at his childishness. 

"Um... Band Mom, I think Andy's sick! Her hair has turned blue!" Luke yells as he stares at my hair. 

"Yeah, what happened to you?" Damian asks also staring at my hair.

"I dyed it last night. That's why Skylar was here." I tell them laughing at their worry. "What do you guys think?"

"I like it." Matt tells me giving me a high-five.