Chapter 31

My stupid wrist wakes me up at 4 in the morning, much to my dismay. I grumble at the pain and roll out of bed, well attempted to roll out of bed. I look down at me waist to see Luke's arm tightly wrapped around me as he pulls me back to him. My back is pressed to his chest, and he's still sound asleep. "Luke, let me get up for a minute."

"No." He mumbles groggily. "Just five more minutes."

"I need to get some medicine. My wrist really hurts." I whisper back to him as I gently pry him off. "I'll be right back." I smile at him as he goes back to sleep. A small snore escapes his lips, his hair messily falls in his face, but he still look as handsome as ever. I grab my phone from the nightstand, holding back a laugh as I take a quick picture of him.

A cabinet closes in the kitchen, which makes me jump at the sound. I look around the corner to see Nico pulling out a bowl and setting it on the counter. I walk into the kitchen silently watching him for a moment before he notices me. "Hey, Ducky. What are you doing up?"

I know there's no point lying to him, so I lift up my bruised wrist for him to see. He was bound to notice it soon. "My wrist was hurting. I came for some medicine."

"What the heck happened?" He questions as he gently looks over it, continuing when he noticing the marks Peter's fingers left. "Let me rephrase, who did this to you?"

"You remember my 'ex,' Peter?" I ask him, making sure to put air quotes around 'ex.'

"I thought you hadn't seen him since he moved away."

"Apparently, he moved here. I ran into him a couple weeks ago, but I got out of there when I realized it was him. He started texting me this morning, wanting to get back together and stupid stuff." I sigh, really wishing I didn't have to be telling this story right now. "Anyway, he tracked me down while Luke and I were on our date. He wouldn't give up, even after I said what I needed to. He grabbed my wrist, and I ended up breaking his nose before running away." I barely whisper out the last part, nearly crying again at the thought of how angry and bitter I was.

"Did Luke not do anything about it?" Nico asks, obviously mad at Peter.

"I kept him back, but after I ran off he made sure Peter knew to stay very far away."

"Good. I knew there was something I liked about him." Nico tells me with a ghost of a smile. "Go sit down in the living room. I'll grab you some medicine and bandages."

"Why do I need bandages?"

"You're wrist is pretty bruised. It's better to wrap it up than leave it be. Trust me, I know what I'm doing." So that's exactly what I do. I end up crying to Nico about my losing control, and how full of hatred and anger I was when I punched Peter. I even told Nico all the things he said. "He's wrong you know. I think Luke's too smitten with you to ever leave."

"You mean he loves me too much to leave." I whisper with a small smile.

"Yeah. Did you two finally say it to each other?" Nico asks with a raised eyebrow and smiles when I nod. "Good." There a bit of silence between us as he finishes wrapping up my wrist. "I'm glad you found him, Ducky. He seems to make you really happy."

"He brings out the best in me."

"I've noticed. Now, go get some sleep. I'm pretty sure you have something to do with the guys tomorrow." I nod my head and follow his advice. I double check the schedule for tomorrow's events

"Lovely. They have an interview and studio day." I whisper to myself. I make sure to set an alarm before I crawl back into my bed.

"Stay for tonight if you want to. I can show you, what my dreams are made of—" My phone blares the song, jolting me and Luke awake.