Chapter 19

I stretch my arms out with a yawn and almost laugh when I notice the guys all scattered across the floor, still out cold. Even though we did nothing but talk and watch movies, I'm sure they'll be asleep for quite a while, so I decide to go out for a bit. I find my duffel bag in one of the rooms, walking into the bathroom to quickly slip on some workout clothes, recalling Phil talking about a workout room.

I scribble down a note and leave it on the coffee table, trying not to step on or wake up anyone. My tennis shoes squeak against the polished floor, and I repeatedly turn back to make sure I didn't wake anyone up. 

I take the elevator downstairs, and before I even realize it, I find myself lost in a maze of hallways, unable to find the fitness room and too proud to ask for directions. Eventually I find it, smiling to myself when I notice they have a punching bag and other training equipment I like to use.

I slide on my arm band and a pair of my light gloves as I start to work out, punching the bag to the beat of the music. I continue to hit the bag, only stopping occasionally to steady the swaying bag. "Need someone to spot you?" I hear someone say as they place a hand on my shoulder. Unfortunately for them, my reflexes kick in before I can even process it. "I'm glad I remembered how you react, ducky." Phil laughs as he shakes his head at me.

"Sorry. It's just a reflex, I can't always stop it in time." I tell him apologetically. "What are you doing here?"

"I heard someone talking about a girl with blue hair wandering around. So I figured I would try to help you out, but I see you found what you were looking for."

"Yeah, I got a bit lost back there." I tell him as I pull off my gloves. "I'm surprised this place has all of this equipment." I tell him as I put my gloves to the side, and move on to another section.

"We have a vast range of people stay here, sometimes for quite a while. The hotel realized it helped to have more options than just weights and treadmills. It was one of my better ideas." He tells me with a look of pride.

"Do you still box?" I ask him, remembering how he was the one who sparked my interest in the first place. "Or did you give that up when you became a suit?" I tease him, pointing to his dress shirt and jacket.

"I still do. It's just not as often as I would like." He shrugs, but his phone rings before he can say anything else. "Well, duty calls. I'll see you later, ducky." Phil tells me ruffling my hair.

"See ya." I reply, swatting his hand away. I end up running on the treadmill for a bit, but quickly end my workout, when other people start to come into the room. I take the elevator back up to the suite, and walk inside to see all of the guys crowded in the living room too deep in conversation to notice me. I walk into the kitchen grabbing a glass and filling it with water. "I just don't want her getting hurt." I can hear Mason say from the living room, but I try my best not to eavesdrop. "Honestly, I think all of our concerns should be on convincing her to stay. The whole reason I suggested this trip was to change her mind about leaving." I bite my lip as I linger just out of view.

"How are we supposed to do that?" I hear Ashton ask.

"We need to show her how much we want and need her to stay. We have to give her a good reason not to leave. Something better than not facing John." Michael says, the disdain dripping from his voice as he says my dad's name.

"Exactly, but how are we supposed to do that?" Calum asks and I can hear the frustration in his voice. I lean against the wall as I start to realize how much these guys must care, and how much I would miss them if I did leave.

"I don't think, you guys won't have to worry about it." I tell them walking into the room, and they all turn to me looking worried. "I'm not entirely sure if I'm going to leave. It's still a possibility, but either way, I have to face this at some point. I just don't know when I'll be ready for it." I sigh and feel the pressure building up behind my eyes.