Chapter 2

Recap:
Mason chuckles as he shakes his head, continuing to type in our band. I wait as he plays a few of our covers, intently watching his face for a reaction. "So... What do you think?" I ask hopefully.

"Honestly?" He asks raising an eyebrow. "You guys are really good, and I'm not saying this as your twin brother, but as a professional. Who listens to big time people everyday and says you have more raw talent than quite a few bands out there."

"Um... Pardon the interruption but... What?!" I hear someone shout from behind me. Great, what am I doing to do about this?
//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\

I turn to see my bandmates have arrived, with the pizza. Two of them are standing shocked mouths agape, the other two just stand there knowingly and continue on trying to act as if nothing has happened.

"Thanks, Mason, it means a lot to hear that. Anyways, I have to go. I'll try to talk to you soon, okay?" He just nods his head and says 'love ya, sis.' To which I reply before ending the call.

"What was that all about?!" Skylar, the drummer of our band, asks with her voice on the verge of becoming a shout.

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind knowing either." Matt says, much more calmly than Skylar did but still a bit upset. I watch Damian also nod his head in agreement.

"Oh, c'mon guys. It's not that big of a deal." Luke says nonchalantly as he brings the pizza over to the counter where I sit.

I smile thankfully at him, which he returns with a sympathetic nod. Luke and Damian were here when all the insanity began, but I don't think Damian knows the full story. Both of them, Mason, and I have been friends since we were kids. "Wait, do you know all about what's going on?" Damian asks Luke, and although his tone is questioning he doesn't seem too upset or defensive.

"Yeah. He knows, because he was here when everything happened. Damian, you know most of the story. C'mon I'll explain everything while we eat." At the mention of food, the hard feelings seem to diminish. I mean, Skylar and Matt still looks upset, but less than I expected.

"So... What's the story?" Matt asks as we all grab our food before sitting down in the living room.

"I hope you guys have time because it's a long story." I say with a sigh, they nod as they shift around getting comfortable. "Okay... I guess the only place to start is the beginning. You guys already know I have 3 older brothers, Phil and Nico, who you've met a bunch of times, and Mason, my twin."

"I don't remember ever meeting him." Matt states, and Skylar chimes in her agreement.

"Yeah, that'd because he lives with my dad." I sigh, running a hand through my hair as I continue. "My dad... He never really wanted a daughter, although I could never figure out why. When I was little, it wasn't that obvious, he would treat me just like my brothers. He'd take us to baseball games, spend his days off with us, but as I got older, that started to change. He started pushing me away, getting upset at me over little things, but it started getting worse.

"He even started pushing my mom away, and shortly after, they got a divorce. When it came to the custody battle, my parents weren't too worried about Phil and Nico, they only had a little while before they were off to college. As for Mason and I, my mom wanted to keep us together. My dad only wanted Mason, he fought ever second for him, but not for me." My voice softens as I say the last part.

"I think you guys can tell how that battle turned out. My dad got Mason, split custody for Phil and Nico, and once they were off to college moved as far away as he could. I don't really get to see Mason that often, and when I do it's mostly through a computer screen. But that's who I was talking to when you guys came in."

"Andy, I'm so sorry." Skylar says leaning over to give me a hug.

"Don't be. It's all in the past, there's no way of changing it, and no reason to dwell in it." I tell her as I pull away from the hug.

"But, wait, what did your brother mean when he said 'as a professional, who listens to big time people all day'?" Skylar asks eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

"He works in an L.A. record company, and he was telling me his opinion on our band." I reply, which piqued everyone's attention.

"What did he say?!" Damian asks on the edge of his seat.

"That we have more raw talent than some of the big stars that he's heard."

"You're kidding." Skylar almost shouts.

"Wow." Luke says leaning back in his seat.

"Mm, Mario makes the best pizza." Matt says completely off subject. We all just break out into laughter.

Matt has always been that person. The one who makes our days brighter with his strange ways. A lot of times people think he's just insensitive or even stupid, but we know the truth. He's actually a genius, always getting straight A's. He just a little oblivious, but it usually works in his favor. I don't know what we'd do if he hadn't agreed to be in the band.

"He does have a point though. Mario's is the best. No argument can be made about that." Damian pipes up.

We slowly start up a conversation, I get distracted as I wonder how I got so lucky to have them as friends, much less as bandmates. It's funny though, because we're different people, yet somehow we mesh together.

For example: Damian is the jokester of the group. If there is ever a joke to be told, Damian will be the one to tell it. You can't help but laugh when he's laughing. He's only ever serious when he needs to be, he basically has two modes: funny/joking and temporarily serious.

Skylar is the group drama queen. She freaks out the moment she runs out of pizza and/or Nutella. I guess you could say she's kind of a tumblr girl; but she's hilarious, smart, unique, and a great friend.

Now Luke, he's the 'gossip queen' as we call it. If there is drama stirring anywhere: fandoms, school, in the band, you name it, he'll be the first to know. I never know how he does it, he just knows. He's a great person, and a loyal friend.

I smile to myself and chuckle. I didn't realize it but I had apparently caught the attention of my bandmates. "What's so funny?" Luke asked me.

"Nothing. It's odd, how all of us on paper wouldn't be friends, yet here we are: best friends and bandmates." I watch all of their reactions as they ponder the same things.

"She's right. We never would be friends, I guess it just goes to show that everything in life isn't as expected." Matt says, entering into one of his deep, heartfelt moments; which reminds me how he's the one I can always have an intelligent deep conversation with.

"What is it with you two being all deep and philosophical?" Skylar asks with a chuckle and a small smirk.

"What can I say it's just comes naturally." I say with a shrug. We spend the rest of our time, watching movies, laughing and talking until we all fall asleep.

//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\/
A/N:
I hope you all enjoyed the second re-written chapter!!!

Feel free to let me know what you think of it, what you want to see in the upcoming chapters, anything. I love to hear from you guys!

Also, if you're looking for a good story to read, one that I haven't been able to stop reading is The Famoux by famouxx. So go check it out, I promise you won't regret it! And if you have any recommendations for me to read or a story you're writing let me know.

As always I just wanted to say thank you for reading this story! You are all so wonderful and I can't even begin to describe my appreciation.

Stay awesome. Xx