Chapter 35

All I hear are screams and multiple pairs of arms wrapping around me. "BANDY! We missed you so much." Matt practically yells in my ear. The rest of my band chorus in agreement, and I'm too tongue-tied from shock to answer.

"What are you? When did you get here? How?" I barely manage to stutter the words out. "Screw that, I'm so glad you guys are here! Only thing is, I can't really breathe."

"Sorry, Andy. We're just so excited to see you again." Damon laughs as he wraps his arm around my shoulder. "To answer your question, you might want to ask your boyfriend how we got here." My friends all chuckle as I look to him in shock.

"Luke?" I shout, and get two replies. One from my boyfriend, the other from my best friend. "Sorry, Hemmings. How did you manage this? Is this that big surprise you all kept hinting at?"

He just looks at me with a smirk and nods. "I may have asked them to come out as a little surprise for your birthday. Plus, I figured it would great for you to have some people from back home around." I walk over to him with a smile, completely ignoring the awful sound that my boot makes against the floor.

"Have I told you you're an amazing boyfriend?" He just nods and shrugs with a smug look on his face. I give him a quick kiss before I'm pulled away by the four idiots I call my best friends. "Can I not thank my boyfriend for one second?"

"No, Andy, you cannot." Skylar sasses as we all sit around the living room, with the rest of the guys trickling in after us. "So, tell us everything we've missed since you left."

"But that's so much stuff. Why can't we just have a band night?" I whine as I lean back on the couch.

"Are you thinking what I am?" Luke asks practically jumping out of his seat. Then we say it in sync, "Band-fire night?"

"Yes. It's been forever since we had one of those." Matt cheers and runs out of the room.

"What is a band-fire night?" Ashton asks as we all scramble to get everything together.

"You'll see, but trust me when I say: it's epic." Damon says with a smile as he asks Michael to help him grab stuff.

"It's basically a bonfire, but with a band bonding add-on. Imagine a band night, meets high school bonfire, music, friends, and everything you want." I explain to Ashton and the rest of the guys. "Hey, Luke, can you help me grab my guitar and some blankets? Mason and Ashton grab some snacks. Calum and Michael, can you see if anyone else needs help."

A couple hours later, the group of us are crowded around a bonfire on the pool's lounge chairs. I share a seat with Luke, with his arms wrapped around my waist and his head resting on my shoulder. "So wait, let me get this straight. You two were locked out on a balcony when he asked you out, and when you finally went on your date, you guys got stuck in the rain?"

"Only after the waitress was hitting on him." I clarify with a laugh. "Okay, enough about my summer adventures. Let's get to the music."

"Sounds good to me. How about we let the guests start off with one of their new songs?" Skywalker suggests, as she hands Ashton the acoustic drum. I smile at the group and pick up my guitar. "Start us off, Bandy?" I motion to Skylar, who beams as she starts the count, and the rest of Tidal Wave quickly follows the beat. I strum the chords that I've come to know by heart as I sing out.

"A full moon's light on the subject,

Don't tell anyone what I know.

I've seen the truth, I've heard the lie.

If we forget, we'll get out alive.
Run, run away-- from all that you are.

Run, run away--forget what you saw.