Chapter 4

I turn the engine off, and grab my stuffs I unbuckle and head towards the gym's entrance. A fresh spring breeze drifts by as I get to the entrance. I walk through the door and head towards the locker rooms. I pass one of the trainers and greet her as I pass by. "Hi, Gianna."

"Hello, Andy." She says as smiling as I walk past her as she puts up flyers, I smile in return as I head to the locker room. The locker room here isn't as most people would expect. Firstly, it doesn't smell gross, and also it is extremely clean. I pull my key from my duffel bag as I open my locker. I unlock it, grab my gym shoes and workout clothes from my bag before placing it in it's place. I look around to make sure no one else is in the room before changing, not many women come to this gym, but I always check to be sure. In case you couldn't tell, I'm pretty self-consious. Let's just put it this way, I'm happy with the way that I am, but I'm not a stick thin person. I have curves, no one can deny that, I'm just well proportioned in them, I'm perfectly happy the way I am. Although, just because I actually like the way I am doesn't mean every one else thinks the same thing. I finish changing and grab my equipment, along with my armband that holds my phone as I work out.

Equipment in my hand I head out to the gym again, which is filled with trainers and their trainees, some in the ring, some at the other various equipment. I smile as I take a breath, putting in my music before heading to a secluded corner of the room where no one else was working out in. I slip on my gloves and start punching the bag, to the beat of my music releasing all the stress, pain, frustration. The chains rattle with every punch, bouncing back, before I punch and send them rattling again. I can't help but think of so many things: my brothers (who I haven't seen for months), my father and how I never seem to be good enough for him, of my bandmates and how long I've kept the secret of the 'deal' from them. I punch harder with every thought; especially when I start thinking about my father, and how I need to tell my bandmates. I need to win this deal and prove my father wrong about me. I keep hitting the bag for what feels like hours, that is until I start to feel pain rush through my fingers from all the punches I've thrown, even with having the gloves on.

I step back from the bag, sliding down the nearby wall, I watch it sway back and forth from the momentum of the punches. I remove my gloves, stretching my fingers in an attempt to rid myself of the pain, I remove my earbuds and just close my eyes focusing on the sounds of the gym. I hear footsteps approaching before a voice asks, "You alright, Andy?" The voice is familiar, I know who it is without even having to look. I nod, before slightly opening my eyes.

The person before me is who I expected, Anthony, better known to many as Matt's Dad. Yeah, it's how Matt and I started becoming friends, he helps his dad out here every once in a while, and Matt and I started becoming friends over time. "Andy, I know how you were when I first started training you. You're dedicated, but you have times like that," he says motioning to the bag, "whenever you let things build up for too long." I look at him, trying not to hide the truth. "You don't have to say it, trust me when I say I can see it. Matt is does the same thing, as you probably know." As he finishes speaking, I know it's true, Matt and I are very similar in the aspect, we bottle things up for as long as we can until it all comes out in a major burst. "Do you wanna talk about it?" I avoid looking at him as he takes a seat next to me. I know Tony can tell that I need someone to talk to about it, he is the only person, other than my Uncle Jamie, that has sort of been like a father to me.

I sigh, "No, I don't really want to talk about it at the moment." He just nods, giving me an understanding look, and sighs as he stands up.

"Well, if you don't want to talk, do you still want to train?" He asks motioning to the bag I was hitting a few minutes ago.

"Yeah, I wouldn't mind training for a bit still," I pause flexing my hand, still feeling some pain in my knuckles. "but I think I overdid it on the bag."