Chapter 25

"Aghhh." Calum screams as I walk into the kitchen looking grumpy. "I think Andy needs coffee."

"Obviously." I grumble hopping onto the kitchen counter and pouring myself a large mug of caffeine.

"Someone's definitely not a morning person." Ashton jokes with such cheer.

"How are you two so energetic in the mornings?" Michael complains putting his head down on the table.

"Luke, what are you making me for breakfast?" I ask the tall blonde, who's intently focusing on the pan in front of him. "Pancakes. They may not be as good as Bianca's waffles, but hopefully they're still good."

"Eh. If it's too bad we can just eat cereal." I tell him with a shrug. "So--are you going to tell me what we're doing today?" I ask hopefully.

Luke opens his mouth to start telling me, but quickly realizes what he was about to and shakes his head laughing at me. "Nope. It's a surprise."

"But I hate surprises." I complain as I hop off the counter. "Just so you know, every time someone tries to surprise me, it never ends well."

"I'm sure this one will be the exception." He calls after me confidently.

"That's what they always think. I promise you, something's going to happen. It never fails to." I tell him as he carries a plate with pancakes to the table.

"Are you sure you're just not so paranoid that you inadvertently make it happen?" Ashton challenges me.

"My friends have already asked that, but it always happens. Even when a complete stranger does something it always goes wrong, it's like a curse."

They continue to theorize throughout breakfast, but I ignore them as I quickly eat and head out onto the deck. I stretch out with another book and decide to distract myself from trying to figure out what Luke has planned. Unfortunately, that plan doesn't work out and I spend hours pestering the guys into telling me what he has planned. "You'll never get me to tell you." Ashton shouts as I chase him around the house.

"Ashton, if you're my friend you will tell me." I call as he hides behind Calum in the living room.

"No! Both you and Luke are my friends. I'm not telling you."

I complain falling down on the couch next to Michael. "Fine, but can one of you at least help me get ready? Since I have no idea where we're going much less how to look."

"I don't know anything about that stuff!" Michael protests, but I glare at him to get my message across. "Fine. I'll help." He give in and follows me toward my room. The moment the door closes, I nervously pace around the room. "Wow. I didn't realize you were so nervous."

"I am not nervous!" I try to convince him and myself, but he obviously doesn't believe it. "Okay. Maybe I'm a little nervous, and it doesn't help that I'm in the dark about everything."

"Why?" He asks taking a seat on my bed as I stare down at the grey carpet.

"First, because I'm not used to not knowing what the plan is. Second, it's my first real date--ever." Michael looks at me in shock, but I ignore him as I continue as continue. "Plus, it doesn't help that I really like Luke. I mean, what if it goes horribly? What if--?"

"Andy," Michael stops me by grabbing my shoulders. "Everything will be fine. Trust me. Also, if it makes you you feel better Luke is just as nervous."

"Really?" I ask remembering how calm he seemed when I saw him last.

"Oh, yeah. He's trying to keep cool, but you're both so nervous. It's adorable."

"Whatever." I tell him as I roll my eyes. "Now, can you help me figure out what to wear?"