Chapter 13

"Alright, guys. We need to come up with a plan for what we're going to do first." I tell Luke and Michael. "Since we know who we're up against pretty well, it makes this whole game more interesting."

"Yeah,  but it also means they know how exactly to get to us." Michael informs us, but we don't pay much attention because we all are thinking of our first prank. "I think there's something we could do, but it might just backfire."

"What is it?" Luke asks, instantly perking up. "What's the plan?"

"Well, I was thinking--" Michael tells and the beginnings of the prank war started to develop. "So what do you guys think of it?"

"I think it could be interesting." I tell them. "I say we get set up tonight while everyone is asleep. That way we can--" I'm interrupted by my phone buzzing and I look down to see someone I had completely forgotten about-- coffee shop guy. 

I read the text and almost gag as I roll my eyes. "So, when did you want to go on that date?"

"What's wrong?" Luke asks, noticing my expression.

"Nothing, just some weird guy I met wondering when we were going out." I reply, but quickly realize I should explain the backstory. "I was working at the offices before you guys nearly burnt the house down. I had to make coffee runs, and this guy offered me to text the order to him so I didn't have to wait in line. Unfortunately he had a loophole, and it ended up being I go out with him once. Now he's wanting to know when we're going out."

"Gross, he sounds like a bit of a creep." Luke replies with an uncertain look.

"From what I've seen he is, but I can't back out on my word." I tell them with a sad shrug. "Do you guys have anything planned for tonight?  Honestly, I would rather just get it over with."

"No, I don't think we have anything planned." Michael and Luke both confirm. "Do you want us to give you some back up just in case something goes wrong?"

"Yeah, it would probably be a good idea. I was going to ask Mason, but I don't know what he would say." I tell them with a shrug.

"Either way, we here if you need us." Luke encourages with a smile. 

"He's right. Just let us know if we're needed. I'm going to go hang out with the guys for a bit. I'll see you later." Michael informs as he leaves Luke and I in the room. 

"What do you want to do today?" I ask Luke. "We could just go hang out with the guys, play video games, or plan some more pranks."

"I'm good with whatever." He tells me with a small smile and shrug.

"Um, I don't really know. I just realized I barely know anything about you, or any of the guys for that matter." I tell him, starting to feel horrible for not bothering to get to know any of them. "Why don't we get to know each other? I mean, we do have to spend the whole summer together, we might as well start becoming friends now."

"Sounds good to me." Luke replies with a genuine smile. "Um--So what's 'Andy' short for?"

"Alexandria. My mom named me after one of her favorite people, Alexander Hamilton." I tell him with a laugh. "She loves history, and was always fascinated by the story of him. We actually saw Hamilton when it was on. I have never seen her more excited for anything in my life." I pause, shaking it off. "Okay, you're turn to answer my question. How did you guys become a band?"

"Now that's an interesting story." He says with a small laugh as he begins to regal me with the tale of how he met the guys and how they started the band in the first place. By the end of it, I'm in awe. It's so interesting how part of their story is similar to my own, and it only makes me miss my friends so much more than I already did.